Sign in to follow this  

A taller XR?

I love my 2001 xr250 but unfortunately my friends have high tech orange bikes and have found what I like best about them is their height. Has anyone done any mods to make an XR ride "taller"? Seat? Bars? I'm currently using Protaper CR highs. I'm 5'11", 175 lb.

I love my 2001 xr250 but unfortunately my friends have high tech orange bikes and have found what I like best about them is their height. Has anyone done any mods to make an XR ride "taller"? Seat? Bars? I'm currently using Protaper CR highs. I'm 5'11", 175 lb.

You're 5'11" and you want it taller????

I'd guess what you really like is the way their suspension WORKS, and a result of that is a (generally) taller bike as you aren't sagging the suspension as much. (though at your weight, the stock spring should be fine)

Edited by MindBlower

I also have found the XR250 a bit short, probably because I am big and heavy and the stock springs are no match for my great mass. I even have bar risers on my XR500R 'cause I like to stand and not have to hunch over to reach the grips. OP, you might try some bar risers if the control cables are long enough with the high bars you have. Otherwise you might start shopping for a bigger bike.

what are you sitting down for??? If anything I want to shave my seat down for trail riding, I'm 5 10