Help after injury

Anything that could help me build my confidence back... rode today and was terrified of my little double i never used to think about... ( had a front tire disintegrate on a big landing and lost it bad 4 weeks ago and separated my left shoulder) I've regressed to nothing at this point and even small table tops bother me... in the past I just got back to riding when healed by this time is a little more traumatic...

I've been riding since age 12 and have broken bones and never had an issue getting back into it... this time is just different...

go riding tomorrow, and they day after that, and the day after that........

go riding tomorrow, and they day after that, and the day after that........

+1

Yep, seat time is the only solution to this. It will either come back to you, or it won't (hopefully it will).

It takes time to get back into it after something like that happens. Do what you did when you first started riding, and start small and work your way back up as you get more and more comfortable. Hit those tabletops just enough to get you in the air, and you'll gradually get more and more confident, and as you do, you can start hitting it harder, then work your way back up to the smaller doubles, etc.

Injury is part of the sport, accept it or walk away. You risk busting your head open just tooling around in your driveway. You risk never walking again from car accidents driving to work, diving off a diving board. I am out till Dec, selling my bike has crossed my mind but I know I will be misserable, I misserable now without being able to work out and ride hard. Its causing problems in my relationship cause I am depressed about it. So for me, the risk of getting hurt again is worth it, I am not happy without it

Injury is part of the sport, accept it or walk away. You risk busting your head open just tooling around in your driveway. You risk never walking again from car accidents driving to work, diving off a diving board. I am out till Dec, selling my bike has crossed my mind but I know I will be misserable, I misserable now without being able to work out and ride hard. Its causing problems in my relationship cause I am depressed about it. So for me, the risk of getting hurt again is worth it, I am not happy without it

most true words ive ever heard. i was hit head on this past november by a retarded rider that slammed into me in my lane going 70. almost lost my left leg from about 4 inches above the knee. i am still walking with crutches even to this day yet still get back on my bike. i love it, miss it, and would be totally miserable without it. the first day i was able to crutch myself down the stairs and into my garage i was fixing my supermoto back up getting it ready for the next ride. we have all had horrible get offs and we somehow are big enouugh nut cases to keep going back for more... haha.

and here is the photos of the accident i just described....

2010-11-28_11-00-38_810.jpg

2011-04-11_08-51-37_483.gif

^^ Shit man. Best of luck with the healing, I thought a few pieces of metal in both shoulders sucked, seems like a cake walk compared to that.

But like everyone else said, start slow! I've had two shoulder surgeries in the past two years and I always caught myself riding over my head for a little bit after I got back, so I 'didn't look stupid'. I realized I'd look a lot dumber if I crashed again from riding over my head, and that what other people think doesn't really matter.

I rolled jumps for a while afterwards that I used to jump every day, but eventually I came back around. By far the best thing is to work your way back up....just as slow as you need to.

^^^ exactly! i always rode over my head as well. when i got back on i was scared to death to do the 2.5 mile ride just to the gas station to fill the bike back up with good gas. now i rode to work 30 miles one way no problem. slow and steady is all i can say man. screw everyone else and what they think... with enough mental strength you will be better later than you were pre-crash. hang in there man and remember that there are other downed riders out there fighting this same exact fight with you my friend.

seat time my man!!!! i broke my collar bone and like you was leary about charging the track again, but you just have to suck it up, start slow, and keep at it!!!! its the only way! good luck with your recovery dude!

i rode out to the mailbox and dumped it coming back, broke 3 ribs, tore the top of my nose and had to have it sewn on...it didn't help that i had no safety gear on...

i recently dumped again with the safety gear and nothing got re-injured but i twisted my knee, i have since invested in a good knee brace...the safety gear showed how hard i fell...

invest in the safety gear and take the suggestions from the others on seat time...its helping me build my confidence back 1 ride at a time...

"Karate do yes or karate do no, karate do guess so squish just like grape"