Sign in to follow this  

Motocross Did "Superman" loose his power?......

Or did someone drop Kryptonite in the O'l gas tank. I thought CP was the great French prodigy of motocross. Maybe just a little a rusty from all that time off.:smirk:

*Lose

I expected him to be in the hunt , he looked good early in the first moto but ran out of steam I guess

I think he ran out of steam Johny. Gotta give him props though, he lasted longer than I ever would, didn't talk pre race smack and he didnt insult the track designers because his results were not what he wanted. What was he ninth overall?

Nah Hangtown/Opening round was his "Kryptonite", so expect him to be the "Superman" of next round. :smirk:

shit...

I think he ran out of steam Johny. Gotta give him props though, he lasted longer than I ever would, didn't talk pre race smack and he didnt insult the track designers because his results were not what he wanted. What was he ninth overall?

8th overall which screwed up my picks DAM IT!

I am with the "Ran out of steam" theory. He was up there in Moto-1 so the speed is there. It is a known fact since his major crash he has a problem with cooling down his body. He has not raced in over 8+ months. I saw him sitting in a 55 gal trash can with ice water at Thunder Valley last year.

I would also throw out the new brand bike. The Yamahas seem to favor "bigger" riders and CP is not a big rider.... smooth all the way. I always thought he would rock on a Honda or Suzuki.

I predict he will be up racing the leaders around round 5.

Talked some smack in a Racer X interview last month.

For someone talking smack about the top 4-5 riders and "looking fast in a video clip from his track at home", he didn't impress in his return to MX.

The kid is fast and smooth, but so are Dungey, Windham, and Metcalfe. It's also pretty obvious he still has problems finishing moto 2. I'm not even convinced he is the fastest guy on his team, much less the fastest guy in the class.

For someone talking smack about the top 4-5 riders and "looking fast in a video clip from his track at home", he didn't impress in his return to MX.

The kid is fast and smooth, but so are Dungey, Windham, and Metcalfe. It's also pretty obvious he still has problems finishing moto 2. I'm not even convinced he is the fastest guy on his team, much less the fastest guy in the class.

well said. :smirk:

also....your avatar is freakin' me the F out! haha....

LOL I didnt even realize that was Johny at first!

Might take a few weeks but I think CP will be a top 5'er!

LOL I didnt even realize that was Johny at first!

Might take a few weeks but I think CP will be a top 5'er!

If Tommy Hahn let's him.:smirk:

It looked like he is on the Malcolm Stewart training program...................

no gas left in the tank.

it is the bike, anyone doing good on a yamaha 450?

Yep, I am! Of course, I'm always working on one (friends) and not riding one at the pro level. That YZ450 keeps my garage refrigerator stocked with my favorite adult beverage!

It looked like he was having handling/suspension issues. I'm sure his results will improve as he races into shape and gets the new bike figured out some.

I agree, at least he showed up to race. He didn't say " meow not ready yet meow". Good on ya CP.

it is the bike, anyone doing good on a yamaha 450?

JS did good on one , he would have won SX had he not pushed so hard and crashed so much IMO