TTR 125 Mod's

Made my own cradle this weekend. Next is springs. What is with the rev box? Should only be used on the E models!! The dog gone thing is over 150.00 bucks. Is there a wire to clip? What happens if you do run the rev box on a non E model? Thanks:ride:

Rev box advances the spark curve... Nothing to cut, plug and go. The problem is breaking the counter shaft on the kick idler side. If you use it on the non e-starts or kick an e-start you run the risk of breaking the counter shaft.

-Kerry

Rev box advances the spark curve... Nothing to cut, plug and go. The problem is breaking the counter shaft on the kick idler side. If you use it on the non e-starts or kick an e-start you run the risk of breaking the counter shaft.

-Kerry

I thought happened with the big bore kits,not with just a rev box. Is there a wire to cut on the stock cdi like on the WR? If not I guess it will stay stock. Thanks:banghead:

The rev box doesn't do much without mods, like the big bore kit. Since it doesn't really help a stock bike, you don't hear people having problems with it on the stock bikes, but the issue is there. The advanced curve causes an issue as you kick the bike... the rotating assembly is fighting the kick, so you have to be clean, one shot then get your foot off the kicker. You find TDC and try again... something you may not be used to or thinking about. No short kicking with a rev box...

The e-start uses a clutch, so any feed back isn't being stopped by the kick shaft gear hanging out there, like when you kick.

Never seen, nor heard, of cutting a wire to change the mapping of the stock CDI on the TTR. We run the stock CDI, it's about the only thing that hasn't been touched.

-Kerry

The rev box doesn't do much without mods, like the big bore kit. Since it doesn't really help a stock bike, you don't hear people having problems with it on the stock bikes, but the issue is there. The advanced curve causes an issue as you kick the bike... the rotating assembly is fighting the kick, so you have to be clean, one shot then get your foot off the kicker. You find TDC and try again... something you may not be used to or thinking about. No short kicking with a rev box...

The e-start uses a clutch, so any feed back isn't being stopped by the kick shaft gear hanging out there, like when you kick.

Never seen, nor heard, of cutting a wire to change the mapping of the stock CDI on the TTR. We run the stock CDI, it's about the only thing that hasn't been touched.

-Kerry

Hey thanks for the great info. I was hoping there would be a gray wire to cut like on the WR's to let the bike rev a little more. I guess you just saved me a 160.00 bucks. Thanks again.:smirk: