Foam on dipstick

I have a DRZ 400e model 2001. I have observed a milky film on my dipstick when i check my oil. I thought at first it might be condensation in tthe oil due to my short hopping the bike bike to work in the cold weather. That being said after running a 100 mile offroad event i expected the oil to get hot enough to diperse of a condinsation in the oil. I am running Amsoil 10/40. I am not losing any coolent. Coolent level stays up to correct level. Bike runs well. Whats up? :smirk: Mitch

Have rode threw any big puddles where the engine couldve been possible submerged? Or have you taken to be washed at a car wash? If not you might have a cracked block some where.

Is it possible that you're losing coolant, but just so slow that it's not really noticeable? Does the coolant have oil in it? Keeping the level correct by leaking 'backwards' at a point with lower coolant pressure... I think quite a few of the early LTZs and DRZs had problems with corrosion in the crank cover where the water pump and passages are. Maybe bad water pump coolant and/or oils seal(s)? wouldn't hurt to pull the WP cover and take a close look. Gaskets are pretty cheap, and so are the seals for that matter.

Normal, mine has been doing that every winter for years. I installed a t- stat and problem solved. If there is no coolant loss you are good. My bike would never cook off the moisture, just change it and no problem till november.

Normal, mine has been doing that every winter for years. I installed a t- stat and problem solved. If there is no coolant loss you are good. My bike would never cook off the moisture, just change it and no problem till november.

robb5, i beleive this is the case. I thought a 100 mile offroad race, might cook it out. Ill change the oil and observe it while the weather is hot. I will also take Andys advice and inspect water pump system. Thanks guys for your input. Keep it on one wheel. Mitch. :smirk: