FORESTHILL - memorial day weekend

California

so .....we get some good rain this week then a dry weekend, what could be better?

what about a Sunday ride?

Stop by and say hi .:smirk:

CaveMike in. What time. Where stage?

Is Foresthill open now? I was told the Tahoe National Forest was still closed for OHVs.

Fresh rip from the website...

http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/eldorado/

Snow Keeps Most Eldorado National Forest Campgrounds Closed For Memorial Day Weekend Most Eldorado National Forest campgrounds remain snow covered and will not be open for Memorial Weekend, according to Forest Service officials. The facilities that will be open include: West Point campground on Union Valley Reservoir; Stumpy Meadows, Black Oak campgrounds and the boat ramp on Stumpy Meadows Reservoir; Middle Meadows group campground and Hell Hole campground, but without water; Sand Flat campground, Bridal Veil picnic area, the parking lot at Twin Bridges/Pyramid Creek trailhead off Highway 50; Mokelumne and White Azalea campgrounds off of Tiger Creek road, and Pipi Campground off Highway 88. Loon Lake, Caples Lake, and Silver Lake are still partially frozen and have deep snow packs. The Ice House and Union Valley areas still have a significant blanket of snow and have just started melting.

Seasonal Closure of Designated Dirt Roads and Trails Ends May 13 Designated dirt roads and trails in the Eldorado National Forest will reopen to motorized use on May 13, ending the wet weather seasonal closure that began in November, announced Forest Supervisor Ramiro Villalvazo. The Forest Service closed these routes to protect water quality, prevent erosion, and reduce damage to roads and trails.

“I’m allowing the seasonal closure to come to an end on May 13,” said Villalvazo. “I am sure there are many people who are anxious for the opportunity to get out into our beautiful great outdoors. I want to remind all potential Forest visitors that with the freedom to visit the Forest on motorized vehicles, comes the responsibility to ensure that your activities do not cause resource damage.”

CRF420X, that information is for the Eldorado National Forest and not the Tahoe National Forest. Foresthill resides in Tahoe.

sweet link thanks

CRF420X, that information is for the Eldorado National Forest and not the Tahoe National Forest. Foresthill resides in Tahoe.

Doh! My bad...

The Sugar Pine OHV Trail system is currently closed until May 26. Trails are still quite snowy/muddy. Once the area opens, riders are requested to help protect the trail tread and not damage the trails.

yeah that and trees will be down every where, ah screw it, i'm going kayaking

I'm gonna sell this dumb dirt bike

ok I changed my mind, Sunday 7 am stage at the 3's

If it's open on Friday, Lee Ann & I are going... Let ya know about the conditions when we get back-

Dan

CaveMike now have help friend move. Pay too much for cave, now cave worthless, foreclose. CaveMike hate have friend, make friend suffer soon. CaveMike smash lamp, tv, maybe vase. CaveMike show him.

If it's open on Friday, Lee Ann & I are going... Let ya know about the conditions when we get back-

Dan

yeah please report on it

Someone go ride 6 and WS and tell me if it's cleared. :smirk:

ok I changed my mind, Sunday 7 am stage at the 3's

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

:smirk: I love giving you grief! But you're more mature than most :smirk:, don't degrade yourself into personal attacks or name calling.

Mostly. :prof:

Edited by superslyko
Is this ride post going to end up in Africa again? ;-)

I took my boys up there on the 21st (last weekend) and everything was closed, taped up or gated.I let em ride around in a dirt parking/shooting area and thought the ground looked about perfect. Judging by what I could see from the road ,the trails may not be all that clear and there's no way they could have done all the prep by yesterday.

I went out to Forest Hill to hike today. Hiked through the canyons for several miles, I didn't really look over at the staging areas or anything but the sign before the auburn ravine that says FH OHV trails are closed was no longer there. Quite a few bikes were heading out there also. Pretty sure it's open.

ride report?

hike =/= ride