Sign in to follow this  

clickers VERY hard to turn

my rebound clickers on my forks are VERY stiff, i just about strip the screw trying to turn them, something has to be wrong, any ideas?

i can just use the old seals right since they are still good and not leaking

i can just use the old seals right since they are still good and not leaking

Highly NOT recommended. Forks are not hard if you have a manual and time and pay attention to detail. Not a place to scrimp by putting back in used seals. They are not that expensive, and about all you need to replace. Just get the oil quantity right...

Highly NOT recommended. Forks are not hard if you have a manual and time and pay attention to detail. Not a place to scrimp by putting back in used seals. They are not that expensive, and about all you need to replace. Just get the oil quantity right...

As well as bushings!!!!, what a waste of labor that would be to do all that work and not replace the bushings.

i have rebuilt forks before and i know how to get the oil level right and make sure the seals are seated all the way. I just wasnt sure if you had to replace the seals if they werent leaking before.

but i have heard that seals hardly ever acctually go bad, they just get dirt in them.e

well i redid my forks and the clickers still wont turn, so i took the fork caps off and they wont turn even with them off, so any ideas

anybody? it seems weird they both stopped working at the same time