Sign in to follow this  

Not sure this is a 250sx

I have just purchased a used 06 250sx..I think.

I decided to check the bike out in detail. Stripped parts off for inspection ect. I also changed all the fluids and this is where I came across a possible problem. The service manual says the oil drain should be on the left side behind the shift lever on the 250 and the 300. On the bike I have it was found on the right side behind the break lever. In the service manual it says that is where the oil drain is for the 125 and the 200 exc. So now I am wondering what bike did I purchase...

What do you think?

J :smirk:

The manual is a year behind in 06... My 06 manual says the same thing

The PV adjuster will tell the tale, along with many other signs that distinguish a 250 from a 200. The oil drain not being one of them. lol

Thank you

J

Were you able to verify that you have a 250?

If you search power valve adjuster you will see the differences. It's the easiest way to quickly determine.

But, like zilla said, the manual is wrong on that, as well as other tidbits of info.:smirk:

Take the vin to a KTM dealer and he can tell you what you have.

Found it. The bike has a manufactures decal on the steering head with the bikes info. It is indeed a 250 sx. I was worried that the parts i purchased wouldn't fit...and it is for ridding motocross.

Thank you all

John

Found it. The bike has a manufactures decal on the steering head with the bikes info. It is indeed a 250 sx. I was worried that the parts i purchased wouldn't fit...and it is for ridding motocross.

Thank you all

John

Glad that it all worked out! Now, go ride that sucka!! :smirk: