Sign in to follow this  

No reviews for this exhaust????

Anyone have this on their 2007 YZ 250F? There isn't a single review for it on RockyMountainATV/MC. I need an exhaust that eliminates the mid-pipe connection, and this looks to be all one piece. It is a Vance & Hines Ti-Pro Complete Exhaust System.

VanceHinesTi-ProCompleteExhaustSystem.png

EDIT: I neglected to mention that this pipe as advertised, specifically is stated to fit a 250F of my year bike - Hard to believe for a one piece design. Am I missing something? I really don't mind if I have to fit the sub-frame around it, instead of the normal fishing around the shock spring and in-between the sub-frame bar routine.

Edited by nokickstandsallowed
Added Info.

Anyone have this on their 2007 YZ 250F? There isn't a single review for it on RockyMountainATV/MC. I need an exhaust that eliminates the mid-pipe connection, and this looks to be all one piece. It is a Vance & Hines Ti-Pro Complete Exhaust System.

VanceHinesTi-ProCompleteExhaustSystem.png

Vance and Hines bought out White Bro's exhaust. Rest assured that anything V&H does will be a good pipe.

MXA did a pipe review for a yzf250 a short while ago. the V&H slip on did very well, even up against the full systems offered by others.

I've an 07 White Bro's with 220 hrs on it (took it with me to the '09) and the stepped pipe design that both Dr and White Bro's use works very very well.

If this is a stepped pipe design, you'll like it.

Vance and Hines bought out White Bro's exhaust. Rest assured that anything V&H does will be a good pipe.

MXA did a pipe review for a yzf250 a short while ago. the V&H slip on did very well, even up against the full systems offered by others.

I've an 07 White Bro's with 220 hrs on it (took it with me to the '09) and the stepped pipe design that both Dr and White Bro's use works very very well.

If this is a stepped pipe design, you'll like it.

I was unaware of White Bro's exhaust being bought by Vance and Hines. I also missed that particular review you mentioned. I think I know why I missed that article, it wasn't a review about a complete exhaust overhaul, just a slip on instead of an entire exhaust system. Thanks for listing how many hours you have on it, as some believe that acquired hours on their exhaust, whether a stepped design or not, is unimportant. I was more interested in eliminating the mid-pipe connection.

One question though oldnbold: Is your White Bro's exhaust all one piece, or is there a mid-pipe connection? I'm afraid that if I order a full exhaust system, from a picture - it looks like I'll get a one piece design - but honestly, you never really know with internet buying and selling - it seems to be a risk because your never know if your looking at the actual product or a generic touched photo.

I was unaware of White Bro's exhaust being bought by Vance and Hines. I also missed that particular review you mentioned. I think I know why I missed that article, it wasn't a review about a complete exhaust overhaul, just a slip on instead of an entire exhaust system. Thanks for listing how many hours you have on it, as some believe that acquired hours on their exhaust, whether a stepped design or not, is unimportant. I was more interested in eliminating the mid-pipe connection.

One question though oldnbold: Is your White Bro's exhaust all one piece, or is there a mid-pipe connection? I'm afraid that if I order a full exhaust system, from a picture - it looks like I'll get a one piece design - but honestly, you never really know with internet buying and selling - it seems to be a risk because your never know if your looking at the actual product or a generic touched photo.

my white bros is a 2 piece

my white bros is a 2 piece

Question: Did you order it under the impression that it was going to be a single piece, because of a misrepresented picture?

actually it came on the bike :smirk:

:smirk: Kind of hard to miss then. Do you know off hand if there are single one piece pipe designs that fit without frustration?

seems like they would be a pain, but ive never had one

Oh, by the way, I looked at that pipe you posted the link to. How easy is that mid-pipe connection to maintain? The reason I want one piece, is so that the side of my cylinder and head don't get soot markings anymore. No matter how I sealed my stock one, it just became shorter and shorter and harder to seal. Over the course of three years, I somehow lost a millimeter a year :smirk:.

I eventually ended up just putting an insert in it to seal it better.

its a pretty tight fit. my head and cylinder dont have any soot

Yeah, it looked to be of very decent quality from the photo I looked at, and around the price I want to spend. The stock ones aren't bad in the beginning, but over time, they become more of a problem then a solution.

Hey, do you think the one I posted a picture of from RockyMountain is a one piece or not? There is nothing listed in the specs about it???

It would have to be a two peice i see no possible way to get a one peice pipe on a yz250f.

It would have to be a two peice i see no possible way to get a one peice pipe on a yz250f.

I seem to remember someone posting something about mounting the sub-frame after it is in position not necessarily bolted all the way tight to the head until final fitting. I know I have seen single piece exhaust designs; however, like you stated, I'm not sure if I saw them on the 250F's.

Why not call/email Vance & Hines?

http://www.vanceandhines.com/company.html

Thank you for the link.

What you can do is mount the exhaust system with all the bolts tight then tack weld it in a few spots then take it of and have the whole junction welded. Ta da!! One piece exhaust!

Believe it or not, you gave me an idea about something I have been wanting to try. Since my jetting is going to be affected by an aftermarket exhaust, it really doesn't matter if it is a one piece system or not. About half the times I'm working on the bike, I end up pulling the sub-frame and exhaust anyway.

My WB is a 2 piece. Where the 2 connect is a tight slip fit w/o any clamp. It never leaks at the head nor the slip fit joint. It came with 2 tunable end caps and a spark arrestor.

My WB is a 2 piece. Where the 2 connect is a tight slip fit w/o any clamp. It never leaks at the head nor the slip fit joint. It came with 2 tunable end caps and a spark arrestor.

O.K. - I was wondering if it had the slip fit type setup. My stock '07 has the gasket that fits between the header pipe and the rest of the exhaust at the mid-pipe area, and boy does it blow for a design. It was O.K. new, but after a while the gasket becomes useless after it shrink fits from break in and then it just becomes a useless form of crumpled junk over time. They really didn't think out the design very well at that mid-pipe area because on the tail pipe section, it has a slotted area that the gasket fits in, but when it shrinks, they didn't make the header pipe long enough to account for that and it leaks through those slotted sections. Either that, or they just don't make the gasket long enough. No matter how I tried to fit it (a new gasket) it resulted in being too short to seal both the slotted sections and reach the header pipe end at the same time. I ended up just making an insert with no adverse effects on jetting. That is the reason I asked about a one piece design being a reality or not.

Edited by nokickstandsallowed
Grammar foul up.