Sign in to follow this  

TT Classified Q? How to buy things without being scammed?

The guy has been on TT since 2002, has over 2,000 posts, I would not be nervous. It is the guy that has been on TT a year or so, has 15 posts, that are the unknown.

With you (if you were buying from me), I would insist on plenty of time for the check clearing or would prefer cash.

The guy has been on TT since 2002, has over 2,000 posts, I would not be nervous. It is the guy that has been on TT a year or so, has 15 posts, that are the unknown.

With you (if you were buying from me), I would insist on plenty of time for the check clearing or would prefer cash.

I don't have that many posts? Any other ways I could assure him I'm not a random dude named Peggy from Nigeria?

If a long term member here knows you well and will vouch for you, that is a good thing.

You are only after a $10 pair of gloves. Not a 2011 Tm450.

Tell him you want them. Get his address. Address an envelope, write your address on a sheet of paper, wrap a $10 bill, maybe add a five extra for beer and shipping and mail it. Done deal.

Why not just paypal him the funds to his email and him ship to the verified address? No checks, all electronic and instant.

Why not just paypal him the funds to his email and him ship to the verified address? No checks, all electronic and instant.

That's what we're doing hahaha. Thanks for the info guys, TT classifieds are a lot safer then I thought! :smirk:

That's what we're doing hahaha. Thanks for the info guys, TT classifieds are a lot safer then I thought! :smirk:

Well it isn't ebay...