Sign in to follow this  

Forgot....

...just how demanding trials can be. For one reason or another I've not ridden for around 8 months. I've kept busy, gym, bit of bmx and snowboarding, but no trials. A series of work committments, injuries and other bullshit have kept me off my bike. Until Sunday.

Today, my shoulders feel like they're going to drop off, my elbows are as stiff as I don't know what and my back and neck seems to have stopped working lol....

Fun though :smirk:

Yeah, tell me about it!! :smirk:

Plus all the bad habits come back... I just went for my first ride since last October on Sunday too. But much more fun than sitting in a chair pulling on the P.T. rubber bands! :smirk:

Looks like last Sunday was hard on all of us. But like they say, a day of riding is better than, just about anything else. Feet up guys!!

Twang

Better get in shape Laser... We are on tap to visit Frostbite later this Summer.. He said the Bike I rode has not been started since I left and is collecting cob webs.. That bike was so new when I arrived at his place, that I had to help finish assembling it!! :smirk:

Cob Webs - They have spiders up there? I think you meant they were collecting Ice Crystals! If you and I go up there, whats Tim going to ride? :smirk:

Ibuprofen......

After my knee surgery and subsequent complications and problems, I was prescribed Diclofenac (do you have that over there?) basically, a stronger version of Ibuprofen I was told.

I was on that crap for a good two years before anyone mentioned taking a break from it as it can be bad for your stomach. So I decided to wean myself off that and the Codeine based painkillers.

And haven't looked back actually. I now listen to my body and act accordingly. I will still occasionally take an Ibuprofen, but I find I do quite like the aches and pains after a days riding.

Arnica is better for your stomach flora and works pretty good for me. They make a topical gel that helps on the specific bumps.

Cob Webs - They have spiders up there? I think you meant they were collecting Ice Crystals! If you and I go up there, whats Tim going to ride? :prof:

Polar Spiders!!! Big Honkin ones!! No, just kidding, but the mosquitos would make you WISH there were spiders.... BILLIONS of them to take care of the TRILLIONS of mosquitos. Tims says best time is about the first of June to about the third week and then again after the middle of August... You DO remember the video he took in July??? Don't you??? I don't think I'm ready for that kind of action... :lol:

And Tim still has 3 bikes... Remember the 2008 250 Gas Gas? We will probably have to flip for the 2010, or maybe that's mine by default.. :smirk: So far, I'm the only one to ride the #2 2010 GG 250 AND the first to crash on it too!! :smirk: But I had the presence of mind to allow myself to crumple ahead of the bars and let the bike land on me..:lol: As far as I know, no scratches! :lol:

Wait a minute!!! They DO have spiders up there... How about the Arctic Wolf Spider? Doesn't look much like a Wolf but maybe the name reflects is manners..

:smirk:

Arctic_wolf_spider.jpg

Uh Oh... did I hijack this thread? I "Forgot" So now I'm on topic.... right? :smirk:

Those are not Mosquitoes, they look more like a swarm of small birds out of an Alfred Hitchcock movie....

I get Dibs on any bike with a Jackscycles sticker:smirk:...

Actually, given the price of flying up there - I doubt I will be visiting anytime soon. So you'll have to go ahead and have fun crashing Tims bikes without me. (should at least be good for business....):smirk:

Hope your shoulder is doing better.

Those are not Mosquitoes, they look more like a swarm of small birds out of an Alfred Hitchcock movie....

I get Dibs on any bike with a Jackscycles sticker:smirk:...

Actually, given the price of flying up there - I doubt I will be visiting anytime soon. So you'll have to go ahead and have fun crashing Tims bikes without me. (should at least be good for business....):smirk:

Hope your shoulder is doing better.

So how much for a flight from your area? I think it cost me a little over $2,000 last time. But you could not find a better host nor riding buddy than Tim and besides, if not taking the Wife (nothing for them to do anyway up there), it's not that bad. No double air fare, no hotels, no rental cars and no shopping for the ladies.. maybe bring home a Seal Skin Hat or something for the lady??? :smirk:

F*** that spider! I hate spiders....

Don't worry, he's really an iddy biddy guy.. I just had to post the most close up photo I could find to make him LOOK nasty.. :smirk: