YZ85 Top End Question

that is just a stock photo used for all of their kits. your kit won't look like that. it will be obvious where everything goes once it's in your hands, don't worry.

ps I like it when they show the actual parts they are selling.

additionally that kit is for a 4 stroke

I dont see an oil ring.

Yeah that is a general picture of a gasket set but The square one is for the intake reed block and the other two little round O ring ones are for the header Pipe and the head gaskets are also O ring type gaskets not the paper type you see in the pic.

Oh and I sure hope you don't buy that, you can get it much cheaper at other places.

Edited by jackson409
price concern
Yeah that is a general picture of a gasket set but The square one is for the intake reed block and the other two little round O ring ones are for the header Pipe and the head gaskets are also O ring type gaskets not the paper type you see in the pic.

This is correct. That picture is for sure not to a 4 stroke. Those square gaskets you are seeing are for the reeds. The round one on the left is for where the exhaust connects to the cylinder and the two O-rings on the right go around your exhaust. If the gasket kit comes with it then replace it. You will see once you take it apart.

that aint no 4 stroke piston, buddy

daniel 96....the YZ85 top end gasket kit will usually come with the following:

(2) o-ring gaskets for cylinder head to cylinder

(1) rubberized gasket for cylinder to crankcase

(2) o-ring gaskets for exhaust pipe where it connects to cylinder

The reed/valve carburetor connects directly to the crankcase, so that gasket is not needed and usually not included in a YZ85 top end gasket kit.

daniel 96....the YZ85 top end gasket kit will usually come with the following:

(2) o-ring gaskets for cylinder head to cylinder

(1) rubberized gasket for cylinder to crankcase

(2) o-ring gaskets for exhaust pipe where it connects to cylinder

The reed/valve carburetor connects directly to the crankcase, so that gasket is not needed and usually not included in a YZ85 top end gasket kit.

I just rebuilt my sons over the winter and I bought a complete Wiseco topend kit with piston like he is questioning and it came with the reed gaskets as well. Now if you just buy a top gasket kit alone it might not but that I can't say for sure on.

Thx Jackson...interesting. I used a Cometic gasket kit and it came without the reed gasket Guess it varies by manufacturer which makes sense. Always better to have the reed gasket in case you decide to take apart for inspection.