LPO / Colville

Does anyone have any updates on trail conditions at LPO?

I have a group of friends planning a trip there for the first weekend in June and were wondering what to expect this year in terms of trees down/ snow even?

Thanks for any updates

• 2 weeks later...

Bump, anyone been up there? Due to family matters I have not touched an inch of singletrack yet. Planning on making up for it over the next three weekends. LPO is on the list this weekend and was wondering if the following trails are clear:

1. Granite Peak

2. Green-Thomas-Frater

3. Connector Trail to BB

Any help would be appreciated. We'll have a saw with us, but won't pack it on our ride if trails have been cleared. We usually cut a lot of trail each year along with a couple other groups, but this year has been a PITA!

Was up there on Memorial day. Complete mud fest. Granite peak still had quite a bit of snow making the trail impassable. Some trees down but nothing unnegotiable. We were able to put in a full ride and had a great time. Let me know if you have room for one more.

Bump, anyone been up there? Due to family matters I have not touched an inch of singletrack yet. Planning on making up for it over the next three weekends. LPO is on the list this weekend and was wondering if the following trails are clear:

1. Granite Peak

2. Green-Thomas-Frater

3. Connector Trail to BB

Any help would be appreciated. We'll have a saw with us, but won't pack it on our ride if trails have been cleared. We usually cut a lot of trail each year along with a couple other groups, but this year has been a PITA!

You know, you might ask that guy you know who works for the FS to get in touch with his coworker, he might have some info for you.

PS I hate you.

Does anyone have any updates on trail conditions at LPO?

I have a group of friends planning a trip there for the first weekend in June and were wondering what to expect this year in terms of trees down/ snow even?

Thanks for any updates

As someone who owns 20 acres right next to the Okanogan National Forest between Omak and Republic, I'm trying to find out where this "area" is located.:ride:

As someone who owns 20 acres right next to the Okanogan National Forest between Omak and Republic, I'm trying to find out where this "area" is located.:ride:

Outside of colville on tiger highway. The Yamaha shop in downtown colville sells maps. Its a drive for you but not to bad. Some pretty killer singltrack and I rarely ever have seen anyone else there. Try and ride to the old nike radar if you can. Very cool.

• Like 1

Thanks Randy.

Chase you don't know.....or do you? You could have just said you didn't want to ride this year, breaking your back was taking it a little far bro!

I might know something, I might not. Depends on my mood.

You only call me to go riding once in a blue moon anyway so what's the difference if I have a broken back or not? Bike is still in the garage either way...

God's country up there in the Pend Oreille river valley. Someday, trip on up 31 past Ione, to Boundary Dam, take a tour of a unique place. My grandfather was site foreman on the construction job back in the day. Then if your adventurous, keep on keepin on up to Gardner Cave for a tour. On your way back, loop up around Sullivan lake...maybe out n back to Salmo lookout. My dad was Ranger up there in the 70's. Uncle was High School principal...named the gymnasium after him. LOVE that place. Too bad I can't find a job there.

Ya won't forget that day :ride:

God's country up there in the Pend Oreille river valley. Someday, trip on up 31 past Ione, to Boundary Dam, take a tour of a unique place. My grandfather was site foreman on the construction job back in the day. Then if your adventurous, keep on keepin on up to Gardner Cave for a tour. On your way back, loop up around Sullivan lake...maybe out n back to Salmo lookout. My dad was Ranger up there in the 70's. Uncle was High School principal...named the gymnasium after him. LOVE that place. Too bad I can't find a job there.

Boundary Dam is interesting -the poorest and typically the highest unemployment county in Washington.....

Boundary Dam is interesting -the poorest and typically the highest unemployment county in Washington.....

Hard to tell it's poor...all those summer homes along the river nowadays.

Metaline Falls has the craziest golf course ever. I've seen Bear out there eatin blackberries while I was teeing off. Elk, Moose, etc.

Gotta love a sand 'green'

Too bad the old dump isn't up there anymore. Great bear viewing area.

no kidding. not only are there amazing trails...my brothers live out there and we have discovered literally hundreds of miles of overgrown fireroads. Yes its not singletrack but the views are amazing. I wish I lived out there so I wouldnt have to bring my gps as I get lost everytime out there

Heading over that way 1st week in july, to hang out at the inlaws cabin in ione. Love it over there! Always bring the bike and get at least one ride in while I'm over there. Can't wait!!

We made first tracks over Green and Granite this weekend. Green has been cut on both sides, we cut Granite from the top of the quad trail at the road crossing. So I know for sure Green, Granite, Radar Dome, and Tacoma Divide are all cut out. I am not sure about the trails going to Frater Lake. We ran out of time, but had a lot of fun. Thanks to everyone who has put time in cutting.