oil screen

Is there a thread on the removal of the oil screen on klx 450r? I did a search with no results. Thanks, David

- Remove left engine cover

- Remove screws holding in screen

- Remove and clean screen.

It's also in the manual.

Is there a thread on the removal of the oil screen on klx 450r? I did a search with no results. Thanks, David

If you are talking the oil scavenge screen...its a little more detailed than just popping the left cover and removing a couple of screws. The flywheel needs to be removed. Do you have a repair manual...if not...PM me and i'll send you the PDF.

+1 on dirk's post.

Oh, you are right. The KX can be done with the flywheel on, the KLX cannot.

:smirk:

Yea I have the man. I forgot I just got it. Looked at it this evening. How many have pulled the screen and found silicone in it. I have read that this seems to be an issue.

I pulled my screen at 25 hours and found a couple silicon "snakes" and some tiny metal shavings. Not enough to cause concern, but glad I did it!

Josh

I found form a gasket snakes as well. Found gasket snakes all over the inside of the case. One was wound up in the tranny. Pretty sure it'll have em again. Rather deal with gasket snakes then leaky case.

Going to need motion pro fly wheel puller to get to oil pump cover. Tusk doesn't make one yet. Our fly wheel is different thread pattern then KX450.