Sign in to follow this  

Brake Snake???

can someone tell me how that little wire is supposed to stop sticks and branches from jamming up inbetween your brake pedal and engine? its not even in the way of were the sticks would go! I dont own one of these but i wouldnt waste my money on one! :smirk:

Brake Snakes are designed to prevent the pedal from bending/breaking if it gets hit by an object. Not for preventing something getting in the gap!

Brake Snakes are designed to prevent the pedal from bending/breaking if it gets hit by an object. Not for preventing something getting in the gap!

its for both I'v been doing that for years out of used clutch cable and a crimp on ferral.... But I never knew it had a name though I'v just called it a cable " BRAKE SNAKE LOL ":p

oh ok thanks guys. I read that they block things from goin into the gap lol

can someone tell me how that little wire is supposed to stop sticks and branches from jamming up inbetween your brake pedal and engine? its not even in the way of were the sticks would go! I dont own one of these but i wouldnt waste my money on one!

You'll change your mind if you catch the lever on something and bend it backwards, ending your race for the day. Really no money to waste if you make your own. Here's the cheapest & easiest way to do it, plus, it's removable, since it bolts onto the skidplate & lever.

Get a worn out throttle or clutch cable, some heat shrink tubing. and some ring terminals.

DSC02827.jpg

DSC02775.jpg

• Like 1

plus if your lever bolt backs out and gets lost ,at least you will have your lever still.brake levers cost alot

can get Tusk (rocky mt atv) brand for $5.. THey are not totally fail safe, but worth $5 if you ride brush/trails. I have ripped them off sometimes, but i use em. There is a hole already drilled in the stock honda brake petal. You need to drill a hole in the skidplate though.