Sign in to follow this  

lift style bike stands

Whats a good stable bike stand that uses a lift lever? (Doc found a hernia during physical, so for now picking bike up onto normal stand is off limits.):smirk:

There's a company that makes a ride-on lift stand where it lays flat when it's not in use, you ride over it and push down a lever with your foot that pops the stand up and lifts the bike. I can't remember who makes them and I haven't seen one in person, but I've seen a lot of good reviews on them.

I have a hard time trusting most regular lift stands. They just look flimsy to me.

There's a company that makes a ride-on lift stand where it lays flat when it's not in use, you ride over it and push down a lever with your foot that pops the stand up and lifts the bike. I can't remember who makes them and I haven't seen one in person, but I've seen a lot of good reviews on them.

I have a hard time trusting most regular lift stands. They just look flimsy to me.

This stand is made by Ogio. I tried a buddy's and could not get the damn thing to work :smirk: Plus it's extremely expensive.

In my experience, the FMF lift stand is the best on the market. It's solid, stable, and doesn't rock like other lift stands I've had. The only downside is it's heavy.

I have a harbor freight lift stand. keep an eye out for coupons and you can get em for $20, i think they're 30 normally. Been consistently using it for about 1 1/2 years with no problems

I second the harbor freight, although if you are a smaller guy(like me) it can be challenging to get it on the stand...A couple of my riding buddies have the FMF lift stand and it does a great job, i would have got one, but id rather pay 30 bucks over 75.

I have the one from harbor freight and like it. Only down side I've found is that it is a little high in the down position. I have to lift my XT350 a little just to get it on the lift. It slides right under my XR though.

Thanks for all the info guys, the Harbor freight looks good, but a little narrow on the platform maybe. I like the look of that Rhino stand, they list a dealer nearby so I think thats the one.

I have the Harbor Freight lift stand. On mine the front fixed fulcrum started bending as the stock assembly is pretty sloppy. I added some angle iron to stiffen it up and some washers to the rest of the linkages to take out the slop. Maybe I just put it together too loose in the first place? Or maybe it is a matter of getting what you pay for!

Who wants to lug that thing around with them?

Looks convienet for a corner of the garage though

I have a harbor freight lift stand. keep an eye out for coupons and you can get em for $20, i think they're 30 normally. Been consistently using it for about 1 1/2 years with no problems

Same, got mine for $30 ish, works great!

In my experience, the FMF lift stand is the best on the market. It's solid, stable, and doesn't rock like other lift stands I've had. The only downside is it's heavy.

My 3 yr old FMF stand is wobbly and the top plate bends.

My 3 yr old FMF stand is wobbly and the top plate bends.

Mine did that after a couple of months and all that required was tightening of the center shaft and top screws. This time I used locktite and it is now solid as a rock!

This stand is made by Ogio. I tried a buddy's and could not get the damn thing to work :smirk: Plus it's extremely expensive.

see post below

First post is reffering to this stand... but with the OP having a hernia this stand would be too heavy to move around. I have this stand for the garage

pitposse_2159_28809772

I have had it for 2 yrs and love it. Still really heavy to load and transport but moves around the shop with or without the bike quite easily.

Do you have access to a welder and scrap metal? Make your own in several hours. I made about five of them and giving them to friends and family. If you're interested I can find the plans somewhere. Somebody else posted the dimensions a few months back and I've been using those

I second the harbor freight, although if you are a smaller guy(like me) it can be challenging to get it on the stand...A couple of my riding buddies have the FMF lift stand and it does a great job, i would have got one, but id rather pay 30 bucks over 75.
I have the one from harbor freight and like it. Only down side I've found is that it is a little high in the down position. I have to lift my XT350 a little just to get it on the lift. It slides right under my XR though.
Thanks for all the info guys, the Harbor freight looks good, but a little narrow on the platform maybe.

Another vote for the HF pop up stand.

I bought the HF stand this spring, $30 including shipping to my door. I wasn't expecting much considering the source and their reputation for cheap crap. I was wrong on that assumption.

So far, the only issue it's given me is it's a bit tall for the wife's TTR125L....gotta give the bike a "nudge" to get it up and on.

For the rest of my collection, it works awesome, especially the DRZ (AKA PIG)...slides right under, pops right up, no issues. Lifts my KTM, the kids KX100, etc with ease.

Here is the link to a build your own. I've made several and have 2 mods i do. One is a release lever, the other is a a safety pin to keep the stand up incase it ever gets released accidentally. I also used round instead of square tubing.

http://www.dirtrider.net/justkdx/footlift.html

I can't seem to ever get the pics of the release lever to post (still haven't figured out why, I post other pics!), so send me a pm and I'll get them to you.

I have a friend who is on a budget just bougth a HF stand for his CR250 and it sux. If the cotter pin isn't installed it will collapse within 2 minutes. He doesn't even use it at the track any more...just a tie strap from the truck to bars.

I'm usually all for the HF tools, but I wouldn't waist my money on their stand.