Sign in to follow this  

Flat tire. Tire suggestions?

Been needing a new tire and a nail in where i was riding helped push me to get a new one. So i need a tire suggestion. I ride some trails with alot of exposed roots and rocks with packed dirt, some gravel pits with sand, and clay/sand mix tracks. Any brand.

Generally ride D952 - Soft/intermediate terrain tire. Being discontinued from what I hear.

Rode MX51 - Intermediate terrain. Great tire, good traction little dissappointed with wear, only lasted nine rides.

Riding Michelin MS3 - Soft terrain tire. Very impressed with traction. Just finished sixth ride and begining to chunk. Going to flip and may last longer than MX51.

Maxxis "Desert IT" is longest lasting tire. Buddy rides one right next to me, he has got seventeen rides on it. Tire still looks OK. They say it does not have that good of traction, but he rode right past me on my worn MX51.

IRC VE33 will probably be my next tire. A mentor "A" rider swears by it.

Then S12xc next choice just because I had so much fun on MS3.

Once snow melts and highcountry is open I am going to switch to hard terrain tires. MH3 or MX71.

Front tire - D739FAJ super dependable. or MX71 its supposed successor.

I really like the dunlop MX51's. Can't say much about wear, only had em for 2 short rides, work great.

Once snow melts and highcountry is open I am going to switch to hard terrain tires. MH3 or MX71.

Ha, yeah... Which will be August. It was snowing up here in Breck today AND accumulating. :smirk: :smirk: Good to hear though, I was actually debating between the MH3's and MX71's today actually, ha! Where have you been riding?

i think i have the maxxis maxx cross it, not positive tho. the lugs are pretty big and i love the tire. i was destroying my buddy in hill climbs in mud/ soft dirt. he had whatever tire comes stock on the 2010's. oh and i have the bigger version they sell. cant remember the size. its like a 120 i believe. second one ive had. i was pretty impressed with the life, but i ride on a lot of soft stuff.

i just got done running the kenda washougal. it lasts forever on intermediate/hard trails and hooks up great. its not very good for mud or track though

Ha, yeah... Which will be August. It was snowing up here in Breck today AND accumulating. :smirk: :smirk: Good to hear though, I was actually debating between the MH3's and MX71's today actually, ha! Where have you been riding?

Debeque on sundays. Eagle, Gypsum on weekday afternoons.

Did ride MX71 last year. Great cornering, but it happened to be wet out and it spun and wore to quickly.

Another vote for the IRC-M5B. Wears great and is solid in all conditions. I just replaced mine after 9 months of Northwest trail riding.

Worth the extra $$ to get a quality tire.

Michelin s12 xc. excellent traction and good durability...

:smirk: I love these tires they are sticky great for trail riding