Sign in to follow this  

Colorado setting up basecamp in south west colorado

Hello

i am thinking about spending three weeks or so riding singletrack around sw colorado.ANyone interested in riding or giving advice highly apreciated.. THe last three weeks of june I am wide open !!!!, other areas are possible as well, I just want to ride epic singletrack in the woods...

please send me a pm on any hookups , advice etc... I am tooled up for adventure. have a rv and two ktm 300,s plated etc....

lets ride

P.S.

san juan trailriders please PM me asap

:smirk:

Edited by dirtbikerdr
locals dont like me saying rico

Good luck hearing from SJTR; I joined months ago and have heard zero, nada, zippo, zilch...

:ride:I apreciate all the p.m.,s I received. Especially those of you that shared all those gpx files. I am good to go.

on my way.

just kiding

Edited by dirtbikerdr

I'm afraid you will miss most of the good trails if you come in June. Hermosa might be doable but anything higher will probably still be snowed in and choked with downfall. It would be great if the Durango locals (Jeff!!) could let us know when Hermosa gets cleared. :smirk:

I'll keep an ear out and fill ya in on whats rideable in three weeks!

:lol::bonk:hello

even if you dont call me you will probubly run across me out there. I am moving base camp to moab in two weeks, from there I will move to s/w colorado when trails are ready.

pm me if you want to xchange contact info.

Guarantee lots of fun and adventure

boonie

:prof:

Edited by dirtbikerdr

I'm afraid you will miss most of the good trails if you come in June. Hermosa might be doable but anything higher will probably still be snowed in and choked with downfall. It would be great if the Durango locals (Jeff!!) could let us know when Hermosa gets cleared. :smirk:

I'll keep an ear out and fill ya in on whats rideable in three weeks!

I just saw this post. Me and Boonie have been PM'ing.

Enduro, I heard you ran into my buddy Ron in NM. How was the riding down there? Small world. I've got a new secret stash in N. NM that you should come down and try before it gets too hot.

We went up Hermosa 2 weeks ago (tomorrow). It was open until about 3 miles from the top. Someone has been cutting. Probably a contingency from SJTR. We hit snow just above the spot where you get cliff'd out against the creek. I'm not sure what it will be like now. Probably pretty muddy at the top because of the snow last week. We will probably give it a go tomorrow if you're interested. Kind of a haul for you but let me know. I'll text you.

There was still about 2-3' of snow on top of Pinkerton. You can get to the top but the north faces are still holding snow. I drove up the Animas valley yesterday and could see snow on top of the Hermosa Cliffs so it's probably not rideable yet. HRP

They must not teach English in engineering school.:smirk: I don't have anything to help, so I thought I'd put someone down to make myself feel better.

Have you ever seen a more worthless post?

Edited by mylsmkj

They must not teach English in engineering school.:smirk: I don't have anything to help, so I thought I'd put someone down to make myself feel better.

its all good, im gonna bypass the area and go to wyoming, You guys have fun and be safe...:smirk:

Enduro, I heard you ran into my buddy Ron in NM. How was the riding down there? Small world. I've got a new secret stash in N. NM that you should come down and try before it gets too hot.

HRP

The riding was great, pretty much a full day of mountain singletrack. It was like a time warp, felt like July in the San Juans:banana: Unfortunately it was really dry and it sounds as though a lot of it will get shut down if they don't get significant moisture. I wish we could give them some of ours.

Also rode outside of Farmington on the way home, more great FAST singletrack..

I'm sorry. You're right, "Boonie and I."

There's another worthless post.

Hey, Let's mountain bike before or after work on Wednesday. I could probably bike before work on Thursday but then I think we're going to head back to CO again. That's my lady-friend's birthday.

The riding was great, pretty much a full day of mountain singletrack. It was like a time warp, felt like July in the San Juans:banana: Unfortunately it was really dry and it sounds as though a lot of it will get shut down if they don't get significant moisture. I wish we could give them some of ours.

Also rode outside of Farmington on the way home, more great FAST singletrack..

Sweet. I hope they get some rain.

FYI, Hermosa is open all the way through and it's good shape. We rode to Purg yesterday. The gate at the bottom of the Purg side is still closed. It made the road over there nice, cuz there weren't RV's and quads everywhere. It's a nice full day to ride over there, have a burger on the patio, then ride back.

I ran into a couple of riders in the Hermosa area Wed, and they mentioned a land-use meeting in Cortez on this coming Wednesday at 5pm, at the community center. Easy for me, as I now live in Cortez, but thought I'd mention it for anyone interested...

I wonder if SJTR will be represented...

Also, thanks to you two, (Mike and sorry I forgot) for waiting to make sure this old guy on the ancient Honda got out O.K. :ride: