Sign in to follow this  

A-Loop replacement Shrouds?

I know the kit uses 1999 CR 250 shrouds and the kit is supplied with Acerbis shrouds.On the A-loop website it says you can also use Genuine Honda plastics, I was curious if anyone has had any luck with any other company? also has any one ever put red shrouds on instead of black? If you have can you please post a pic of it!!!

thanks for the help!

daryl

My bike came w/ red shrouds, which i believe to be Honda. And i replaced them with white UFO shrouds.

All have to have the back gussets trimmed the same.

My bike came w/ red shrouds, which i believe to be Honda. And i replaced them with white UFO shrouds.

All have to have the back gussets trimmed the same.

any pics with the red shrouds? any with the white?

can i figure out the trimmed gusset with out having another shroud made for the aloop kit in front of me? i am building a low budget aloop kit that is why i have so many questions.

thanks for the help!

daryl

so guys i received my aloop gas tank and i am really trying to decide which color shroud i want to go with. i crash a lot so i will not be buying the a loop graphics kit for the bike. so after searching the internet for a week i was able to find two bikes with no a loop stickers with red and black shrouds

the first one is red on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda-XR-98-XR400R-Woods-Bike-/290573082872?pt=US_motorcycles&hash=item43a78160f8#v4-40

the second one is black and from the a loop website

aloopblacknostickers1.jpg

aloopblacknostickers.jpg

please help me out and help me choose.

thanks daryl

the bike I posted on the previous picture isnt mine, but I vote for that color set up, I guess ists just that I like how red-white black match

248226_2060992013012_1491058008_2362823_4243341_n.jpg

Here one with the red shrouds

Are you positive that is a red shroud? its looks like a black with a graphics kit on it. if you look at the ebay ad that is a totally red shroud. thank you very much for the help

thanks daryl

ps i love that look but i cannot spend 57 bucks on graphics

I say red or white...depending on the rest of your bike. I don't dig the the gloss black on satin black set-up from above pic.

Don't have any real good pics of my bike w/ a-loop set-up, Tore the bike down and Shelfed it pretty quick for the Clarke tank... but you get the idea.

Photo0610.jpg

Yes you will see what needs to be shaved gusset wise. If for some reason you don't... PM me and i will pull a shroud and send a pic.

I dont remmebre who is the member, but if you research on the PICTURES thread he posted it like a year ago or less. All I remember he listed it for sell 8 months ago.

aDayinthedirt, I am totally agree with you, the picture you posted is wayyyyyyy nicer.

I got the white UFO ones.....

IMG_0716.jpg

they you are,!! couldnt find your bike picture Z06PSI, good looking XR BTW:thumbsup:

thanks for all the responses. i am going with red shrouds and a red 2004-2007 crf front fender.

i have been emailing back and forth with pete from a loop, just an FYI for everyone they do sell red shrouds with there kit.

i will try to take pics when I do the install.

thanks

daryl

I know the kit uses 1999 CR 250 shrouds and the kit is supplied with Acerbis shrouds.On the A-loop website it says you can also use Genuine Honda plastics, I was curious if anyone has had any luck with any other company? also has any one ever put red shrouds on instead of black? If you have can you please post a pic of it!!!l

I like Green (avitar pic):

JayC

they you are,!! couldnt find your bike picture Z06PSI, good looking XR BTW:thumbsup:

Yeah I have not been on lately or even ridden it lately. Getting my other project done. My Corvette. It is done as of yesterday but now I am moving to Hawaii so I am looking forward to riding over there the next 3 years. :ride:

after lots of emails with Pete from ALOOP (FYI great customer service and Pete is a real nice guy) my custom kit is being put together. i am going with a very slick red seat with red shrouds. i think i am going to order the graphics for the shroud as well just install them later.

p.s does any one wanna trade a black mx fender for a red one??

redseat.jpg

ah yes! the fender on the pic I posted is CRF 2004-2007 is an easy fit and a big change

any one find this front fender cheap? after the aloop kit just looking to save a little money. motorcycle superstore is the cheapest i have found

I dont remmebre who is the member, but if you research on the PICTURES thread he posted it like a year ago or less. All I remember he listed it for sell 8 months ago.

aDayinthedirt, I am totally agree with you, the picture you posted is wayyyyyyy nicer.

the forum member is VASS i believe