WR250F Coolant Reservoir???

I have a 2006 wr250f and was considering loosing the coolant reservoir tank under the rear fender. I was wondering what are the pros/cons to this change? Will i need to re-route hoses? There is a vent hose near the reservoir cap that leads under the bike and 1 hose from bottom of reservoir to the radiator. Will it affect anything internally with cooling? I use the bike for motocross track racing, no trails or technical enduro races.

Thank you

I ride mine on trails and the track and am ditching mine too just to clean the bike up a bit. Wont really affect anything in the performance department. You should run a higher psi radiator cap though. I am not sure what the YZ uses, but it probably needs something like a 1.3 (has a 1.1 now since it can blow and pull the coolant back in with the bottle). I did this to my KLX450 and it worked great, never had any issues. Just check your coolant level every once in a while like you are supposed to and you'll be fine. Run the vent line straight down the head tube and come out somewhere near the front of your motor.

The YZ bike runs the vent across the left side and down the left side of the frame. IF you trail ride, I recommend you keep the tank. I'm adding a KDX200 tank to my YZ for safety margin. Pulling hills and going slow in tight woods tends to heat these bikes up.

Pulling hills and going slow in tight woods tends to heat these bikes up.

I ride with guys with YZ's and their bikes get hot pretty quickly and then you can see them pissing steam out.

I'm keeping the bottle on my WR.

I ride with guys with YZ's and their bikes get hot pretty quickly and then you can see them pissing steam out.

I'm keeping the bottle on my WR.

KTMs are bad for this too. My mate's KTM 300 was p*ssing steam last night after just one little tight section in the woods!