200# Rider--Stock Suspension or Not

I have 2006 CRF450X...it came to me used with SD Suspension and it had been dialed in for a 250# rider who did enduros and HS. I have adjusted out the clickers to try softening it but it still hits stiff as a brick for me so it is not very comfortable in tight woods.

I ride only on HS trails and no track whatsoever, so I do a lot more sitting in the tight woods than I would otherwise and really would like the comfort factor to be upped. The P/O also tossed in his stock springs for front and rear.

I have not put these stockers back in as I wanted to sound it out on this forum first to see if I am better off with leaving the stiffer susp or am I better off going with stock where it might end up being way too soft/bottoming out.

I have an 05' with the stock suspension, I weigh 200# as well, I have not noticed any real issues so far. I ride tight woods only, however I am sure that it could be better with some upgrades but so far the stock has been fine for me.

I have an 05' with the stock suspension, I weigh 200# as well, I have not noticed any real issues so far. I ride tight woods only, however I am sure that it could be better with some upgrades but so far the stock has been fine for me.

Do you notice it bottoms out with the stock springs front and back? I do not do any tracks so I guess I should not be concerned with bottoming out. Just don't want any surprises coming off rocky ledges with 5 foot or more drops. But I do want some comfy!!! I think part of my issue is that SDG seat it came with when I bought it used. That thing is like a rock to me. Gonna hunt down a stocker maybe.

I weigh 210 and since new(06) have had the stock springs and valving , for slow riding its fine , its when i try to ride faster (like you would in a GNCC or Enduro or Hare Scramble) is when you notice it needs at least revalving , as then it beats me to death and wears me out and gives me bad arm pump

If your just casual riding i see no need to do anything unless you can afford to upgrade the suspension , if that be the case , then it certainly will not hurt it provided you have the valving and springs done to meet your ability and riding style/type (faster riders usually need stiffer suspension) , but keep in mind that just because someone had the suspension done , does not mean that the particular setup is right for you and your type/ability of riding