How much did you pay for your new bike "out the door"?

Hey im looking at buying a new YZ450F and my local stealership told me $9300 out the door. Is that kinda steep or is it just me? Its a pretty small place known for big mark ups on everything so im thinking I can find a better price elsewhere and im willing to drive a few hours. How much was your new bike out the door? Who can recommend me a good dealership in NY or CT area?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a friend buy a brand new 09 yz450f in 09 for 7000$ cash up here in canada.

my little brother just bought a 09 crf450r with under 10 hours for 5000$...

9300 seems steep any way you look at it. as far as I always seen, bikes in the USA sell for 2/3 of what they do for here in canada.

$9300 is about right for straight MSRP plus tax, title fees, dealer assembly, etc. They obviously aren't eager to make the sale. I ran into the same thing at my local Yamaha dealer. They offered absolutely NO deal of any kind. No deal=no purchase from me. I won't buy anything unless I think I'm getting a good deal.

I paid about 8200$ out the door, it was 7299$ before all the fee's and mumbo jumbo. That was in September of 2010.

Everybody seemed to say how I got ripped and they're magically getting bikes for 5000$ out the door, but this is Canada and that's just the way it is up here. It's still the best price I have found, even now for a 2010 in this province. Just the other day I was at a dealership looking at a white 2010 for about 7699$ before taxes.

I paid about 8200$ out the door, it was 7299$ before all the fee's and mumbo jumbo. That was in September of 2010.

Everybody seemed to say how I got ripped and they're magically getting bikes for 5000$ out the door, but this is Canada and that's just the way it is up here. It's still the best price I have found, even now for a 2010 in this province. Just the other day I was at a dealership looking at a white 2010 for about 7699$ before taxes.

I would never buy new, and never from a dealership.

you can get a lightly used 2010 for about 6000$ and a lightly used 09 yz450f for 5000-5500$.

dealerships are ridiculous, there is a 2010 in slave lake (now that I typed that... thats where the fire happened in case you havnt seen the edmonton/calary sun in the last 3 weeks!!) going for 8400$

2011 white\black yz450f bought in april 2011 $7909.00 OTD. A dealer in my town told me right at $9000.00 OTD, drove 30 miles for the cheaper price.

Lol I drove 4 hours to get my bike, but it was worth it, took it for its break in afterwards.

I just bought a brand new 2011 yz450f for 8700 OTD including 2yr extended warranty and it's the special edition model. My payments are 124 a month with 0 down and the 3.99 for 36months from yami.. I bought it at Berta mega mall without the extended warranty the price was 7900 OTD and there is a place in san Juan capristano that has ten for 7786 OTD

friend paid 7800 OTD for his 11 two months ago. Troy city garage. Be warned, they arent the most friendly people, although they do blow bikes out cheap. I HIGHLY suggest you look into ronnies cycle in VT, about 30 minute drive from albany. I paid 5700 OTD for my 2011 kx250f, they beat troy city's price but like 75 bucks (troy city throws on set up and freight, and then TX because were from NY). Ronnies didnt charge me tax, freight or setup. They sell yamaha as well.

paid 6200 otd for my 2010 last november. I know you can get the '11 for thousands less than what you were told including shipping.
6200 was DEALER COST for a 2010 when they were new. I got mine for 6200 plus tax. It was the very first 2010 at my shop.

Good luck finding a leftover 2010....but thats what I would be looking for.

9 Grand? for an 11? Try 7399 plus tax.