Sign in to follow this  

Loud noise isssues

Alright when I am idling my DRZ-400 she runs beautiful. No noise even when I crank the gas a little. However in first when I start moving if I don't work the throttle just right I hear a kind of loud noise. To me it sounds like the chain is jumping on my sprocket. Either that or similar to a bad shift where you hear the metallic clicking. This problem is more frequent if I have a passenger. Does anyone have an idea what this could be?

Is the chain lubed. Mine did a similar thing until I lubed the chain. Now it's good. Also make sure the chain is adjusted right and the sprockets and chain are in good working order.

I'd agree with that.....make sure chain is adjusted properly, etc. And does it do it anywhere else, or only from a stop? Are you lugging the motor from take off?

I do not know what you mean by lugging the motor. I just give her steady gas, I'm not gunnin it or anything. I have not lubbed the chain though I need to. I will try this and see how it goes. Let ya know.

Lugging is when you are running at to low of a rpm under load. If you do that with a drz the motor makes bad noises