More technique help!

Hey guys take a look at this video and feel free to comment on my technique. I'm looking for all the help I can get! Thanks!:smirk:

(ps - ignore me being a goof ball at the begining with my gf! HA)

i thought that was nice! better than i can do :smirk:

video got boring after 1:15........

helmet cams are great to see what the rider sees, but hard to tell what youre doing right/wrong....... that track looks fun!

Some of the video, you look a lot better, which is good! :smirk:

I love the crash... that was because you were trying to get on the throttle full too early in the corner without using the berm. Its a common mistake, use to happen to me all the time as its a very "beginner" mistake and 125's (what I ride) can get a bit out of hand at the upper echelon of the power band if you just whack them open. Its funny, cuz whilst you picked up your bike, a few quicker guys went past your camera, tearing it up through that corner. Honestly, that inside line is probably where you should be focusing your energy on.

I can comment that your still being reactive instead of proactive.

An example of this is approaching a corner from a distance, you tend to get off the throttle, then get back on the throttle, then get off again and then take the corner, as if you don't know what speed to come into the corner at. That to me is being reactive to a situation, you should know how much speed you need to get through certain sections.

Your shifting is still a small issue, in those faster sections you should be in a higher gear for sure.

Being proactive to a situation is critical to becoming a better rider. I suggest you do some reading about being proactive, there is a lot of discussions that I've had with others in this section of the forum that might benefit you.

+1 on your girlfriend

I'd give her a solid 7, but I didn't you use any technique with her. How am I suppose to judge this video?

Some of the video, you look a lot better, which is good! :smirk:

I love the crash... that was because you were trying to get on the throttle full too early in the corner without using the berm. Its a common mistake, use to happen to me all the time as its a very "beginner" mistake and 125's (what I ride) can get a bit out of hand at the upper echelon of the power band if you just whack them open. Its funny, cuz whilst you picked up your bike, a few quicker guys went past your camera, tearing it up through that corner. Honestly, that inside line is probably where you should be focusing your energy on.

I can comment that your still being reactive instead of proactive.

An example of this is approaching a corner from a distance, you tend to get off the throttle, then get back on the throttle, then get off again and then take the corner, as if you don't know what speed to come into the corner at. That to me is being reactive to a situation, you should know how much speed you need to get through certain sections.

Your shifting is still a small issue, in those faster sections you should e in a higher gear for sure.

Being proactive to a situation is critical to becoming a better rider. I suggest you do some reading about being proactive, there is a lot of discussions that I've had with others in this section of the forum that might benefit you.

Do some reading about being proactive you say....:smirk: