Generator options

I've got the Honda 2000, it's great, but won't run my AC unit. My friend has the 3000, it's quiet and runs everything.

I really need to upgrade but just can't seem to handle the $2329 price tag for one of those bad boys. Anyone had any luck with another brand at a cheaper price?

Sorry if wrong part of forum, mod please move if somewhere else is more suited for this question. :smirk:

Have you considered a 2nd Honda 2000 with the companion cables? If you do not know, this allows you to connect 2 together to double your output. This will give you the best of both worlds. I only have one, but chose the 2000 knowing that I can add a 2nd if I ever need an upgrade.

Have you considered a 2nd Honda 2000 with the companion cables? If you do not know, this allows you to connect 2 together to double your output. This will give you the best of both worlds. I only have one, but chose the 2000 knowing that I can add a 2nd if I ever need an upgrade.

Ditto, then you will have 4000 watts, you can "one up" your buddy by 1000 watts and then go to him and do this. :smirk:

I have thought of that option. Price wise I'm not sure which is a better route. Another 2000 will run $1200. Or I could sell my 2000 now for around $800, then buy a 3000 for $2300, which would end up costing me about $300 more than just getting the 2nd generator, BUT do I want to haul 2 generators around...ughh....i'm conflicted.

I'll search around and see if I can find any deals on another 2000.

I have thought of that option. Price wise I'm not sure which is a better route. Another 2000 will run $1200. Or I could sell my 2000 now for around $800, then buy a 3000 for $2300, which would end up costing me about $300 more than just getting the 2nd generator, BUT do I want to haul 2 generators around...ughh....i'm conflicted.

I'll search around and see if I can find any deals on another 2000.

Dude, you need to buy from http://www.wisesales.com and get your EU2000i for under $900.

Dude, you need to buy from http://www.wisesales.com and get your EU2000i for under $900.

:smirk:

Agreed, I am certain that I had mine shipped to my door for 900 or less from I think somewhere in Jersey, though I cannot remember the name of the place, but Im sure that I learned about the store from one of these forums.

X2 on the 2000 Honda in series.

I have seen it done- pulling an A/C and it works great.

Makes your power options more versatile.

I pull my 9600 BTU A/C with 1 Honda 2000.

But then I only have a 14' box trailer.

Check out RV.net, depending on the size of your AC, you may be able to add a capacitor to the AC to allow the Honda to start it. It is the start up load that prevents the smaller generators from running an AC.

^^^^ooohhh...that's fancy idea

:smirk:

Got mine for $899 shipped, but wise sales had them for $850.

I've got the Honda 2000, it's great, but won't run my AC unit. My friend has the 3000, it's quiet and runs everything.

I really need to upgrade but just can't seem to handle the $2329 price tag for one of those bad boys. Anyone had any luck with another brand at a cheaper price?

Sorry if wrong part of forum, mod please move if somewhere else is more suited for this question. :smirk:

Don't pay MSRP for the 3000. It's a great generator. I got mine out the door for 1900 w/ taxes after dealing a bit at the local Honda shop.

really? that's a good pretty good deal!

really? that's a good pretty good deal!

So do you have a tracking number yet? :smirk::smirk: Whatcha waiting for, prices to go up? :prof:

waiting on gas to go down...LOL

Have you tried installing a hard start kit in your AC? If it is 13500 btu or less your 2000 might be able to run it with the hs kit in it. There are many that have done it. You can get the kits on amazon for under $20. You would not be able to run anything else until after the AC is runing. Another help is to run the AC with direct wiring to the gen and not have to run it through the rv system. There is a lot of line loss because the wires are marginal in size.

TheGary: I have not. Is that the same as the "soft start" kit. What exactly is it. Just a larger capacitor. Ive got the check and see how many BTU this thing even is. This unit has a wall thermostat would that make it any more difficult to wire it direct?