LPNF open?

EDIT . . . SWEET . . . I just called yesterday and they were closed, but she sounded hopeful that they'd be open soon. From what she told me they were working on Frazier Mountain first E. Frazier, Tejon, etc. but she mentioned that Miller, Lockwood, etc would probably open at a later date. Did she make any mention of those?

EDIT . . . SWEET . . . I just called yesterday and they were closed, but she sounded hopeful that they'd be open soon. From what she told me they were working on Frazier Mountain first E. Frazier, Tejon, etc. but she mentioned that Miller, Lockwood, etc would probably open at a later date. Did she make any mention of those?

When she said it's funny how I called as they just now opened the trails.. I asked which ones, and she said ALL.

Chuchupate Ranger Station, Frazier Park. 661-245-3731. '0' for operator..

Lets go Carl - I know a couple of guys who may be up for some fun!

What day? I'd like to re-do the loop I did in November. Staged at Kings and rode Snowy-Miller-Piru. Took a short sandwich break and then reversed course for a total of about 60 miles.

What day? I'd like to re-do the loop I did in November. Staged at Kings and rode Snowy-Miller-Piru. Took a short sandwich break and then reversed course for a total of about 60 miles.

You must have a better bike, be in a lot better shape, or just be a better rider than I. Just one set of Snowy-Miller-Piru and I'll be done.

I'd love to ride it this weekend if I can. Not sure about my schedule as I have some family coming into town, but I'm thinking either Saturday or Monday. The next couple of weekends I'll be at KM.

You must have a better bike, be in a lot better shape, or just be a better rider than I. Just one set of Snowy-Miller-Piru and I'll be done.

I'd love to ride it this weekend if I can. Not sure about my schedule as I have some family coming into town, but I'm thinking either Saturday or Monday. The next couple of weekends I'll be at KM.

Maaan. I would love to do that super loop like that, but not with the current condition that my knee is in. That stupid fall in October did a number on me. I just hope the knee get's healed quickly and properly as not to keep me away from riding the good stuff too long. right now it's even difficult to cruise let alone put major stress on it.

You guys get some good pics and video of your adventure. I will be sitting in front of my PC wiping away the tears as I am thinking of what it would of been like to join you all.

I'm good for Friday or Saturday, (but may be able to beg/plead for Sun or Mon).

~60 mile loop (Snowy-Miller-Piru and then reverse course) of the best LPNF has to offer:thumbsup:

I guess you would have to be in decent shape to do it in both directions. But really, if you don't end up having to push/pull/walk your bike, it's not that physically challenging.

Anyone?

Where are you going to stage? What time?

Kings Campground. 8 ish. Friday or Saturday?

To do the loop I've suggested, you would (strictly speaking) have to be street legal. This would be for the Snowy to Miller connector fire road (unlikely to get stopped), and the pavement from the end of Piru to Kings (more likely to get stopped) - about 1 mile if you wanted to return to camp after the end of Piru and not reverse course.

Kings Campground. 8 ish. Friday or Saturday?

To do the loop I've suggested, you would (strictly speaking) have to be street legal. This would be for the Snowy to Miller connector fire road (unlikely to get stopped), and the pavement from the end of Piru to Kings (more likely to get stopped) - about 1 mile if you wanted to return to camp after the end of Piru and not reverse course.

The dirt road up on top of Alamo from Miller to Snowy is OHV legal. It's actually OHV legal all the way down from the top of Alamo to where the road goes paved again a bit before Piru creek.

The dirt road up on top of Alamo from Miller to Snowy is OHV legal. It's actually OHV legal all the way down from the top of Alamo to where the road goes paved again a bit before Piru creek.

Thanks Carl! Good to know - I wasn't aware of that.