Hand guards for the stock 08 klx450r

I have been looking at hand guards, but when I get deep into the different sites selling them there is always questions about type and size of the handle bars and extra brackets needed.

I have an 08 and it has the stock bars on it. I want the Kawi green plastic guards with the full wrap bar. Can someone give me specific link and part numbers that will fit?

Thanks,

Bill

Pics of the moose guards after about 2 years of abuse. Crappy pics but you can see still correct shade of green.

015.jpg

014.jpg

011.jpg

I use the ego barkbusters one but they come free with the bike in Australia sorry i don't have a part number for you but i love these and there the right colour too.sorry this is the best pic i have

15012011001.jpg

I am running the Zeta bend guards...great product...universal mount and cheap when u compare to others...i think they cost me about $70

I went with the ZETA hand guards. Really nice high-quality hardware came with these. I prefer my guards without the plastic, but you can buy Kawi green ZETA cups for these, too...

HandGuardsJettingKit.jpg

farkles03.jpg

Edited by DRZ400SK4

Wow, lots of options. I see several I like. I will probably go wth the first ones posted, the Moose. Thanks All for the input, and thanks for the specific part numbers Lpambianco1 !

I like the Cycra pro-bends the best

DSCN8154.jpg

I just up ordered the Acerbis Rally-Pro. Thanks for the input all!

Excellent choice, my man! :smirk:

One thing you may prepare for: you might have to file/ream out the ID of the bars at the ends to accept the bar-end mounts. (Not a big deal.) Some bars have welding flash inside from seam-welding the tubing, and the flash prevents the mounts from going in easily. Some aluminum bars will also need reaming. I use a Foredom flex-shaft tool with a carbide burr.

The KLX comes stock with renthal aluminum 7/8" bars so no need to ream. The acerbis rally-pro go on quick and simple bro, no worries:thumbsup:

My Renthals required reaming.

Of course, your results may vary.

(and my Rally Pros are almost three years old, so they may have changed the mounts since then, to fit inside the smaller aluminum bars....) :smirk:

My Renthals required reaming.

Of course, your results may vary.

(and my Rally Pros are almost three years old, so they may have changed the mounts since then, to fit inside the smaller aluminum bars....) :ride:

Very possible! Mine went in perfectly and came with inserts for the 7/8" steel and aluminum bars. My guards were are only 1 1/2 y.o. so they very possibly changed the design:thumbsup:

In and On!

Thanks for all that posted ideas.

tn_P1030581.jpg

Lookin' good!:ride: