Sign in to follow this  

KX 250 2-T Shock Help

Hey I really need some help with these forks I have. I recently bought a 04 KX 250 and the guy gave me an extra set of pro circuit shocks. The shocks that were on the bike are 2006 Kayabas and have leaking oil seals. I put the pro circuits on the bike and now have an extra set of Kayabas with leaking seals. I have no idea what size the shocks are or anything like that (I am really dumb with suspension). All I know is they fit my KX 250 (48mm?) and I want to sell them. So what I am asking is whats a reasonable price for these forks? Thanks.

Leaking cartrige forks? Worth about $60, if that. Most people are installing twin chamber Showas from 250F's on those bikes since they are far superior, plug n play, and there's loads of them on Ebay.

if they are 2006 kybs they are the twin chamber ones, can you post up a pic?

Most people are installing twin chamber Showas from 250F's on those bikes since they are far superior, plug n play, and there's loads of them on Ebay.

So you can just swap out the forks and re-use everything else from the '04?

You basically need the whole front end, but you can make the 04 rim work with the 250F forks playing with the spacers.

I misread your first post, are the tops of the Kayabas flat like the pic or is there a big nut on top? If they are flat then they are the 05-07 KX250 forks, if there's a nut on top (cartrige forks) then they are 03-04 KX250, 03-05 KX125 or 04-05 KX250F. I forget if the 06 250F came with cartrige KYB's or TC Showas.

The 05-07 KX250 twin chamber KYB's are hard to find but they suck in stock form.

IMG_2761.jpg

Okay the shocks are race tech 06 Kayaba's. They do have the flat top like in the picture. I couldnt figure out how to upload a picture with the html thing so just look at my profile pic those are them.

What's the link to the pic? If they are 05-07 KX250 KYB's I'd buy them as a spare set, but shipping would suck. Do you know how to rebuild forks? With Race Tech stickers on them they might have been revalved, you should open them up and see. I have a bunch of pics for you to compare the stock stuff to and have race Tech valves in my 05. They are a great fork with those valves. Stock?, not so good. You might get $200 if you throw in some new seals ($25) and a liter of fork oil ($10).

BTW, they are forks, the shock is on the back.