yz 125 1995 has piston gone?

hi, i have a 1995 yz 125 , it wont kickstart or bump , and i can push the kick start down with my hand with minimal force is this the piston that needs changing?

yes you need to do a top-end ... hope the cylinder is in good shape

If it's been over 80 hours since you've changed it then yes. 80 hours is a really long time for a piston

If it's been over 80 hours since you've changed it then yes. 80 hours is a really long time for a piston

:eek:80 hours is overkill on a 125 top end. I still race my 125 from time to time and my pistons get changed out at 15 hrs. no more and that is with a emaculate motor. Everything in perfect condition. The average non racer/ play around in the back yard rider can probably get between 30-40 hrs on a 125 top end and that could be pushing it esp if your running a cast piston, I put 40 hours on my 250 top ends. 125s need to be rev'ed to the moon to make power, which means more stress on motor internals. Go past the recommended service intervals and your asking for the symptoms your experiencing now.

To the OP there is no question yo need a new piston, probably will also need your cylinder replated, and hope the ring is still in tact or your talking possible bottom end damage.

:eek:80 hours is overkill on a 125 top end. I still race my 125 from time to time and my pistons get changed out at 15 hrs. no more and that is with a emaculate motor. Everything in perfect condition. The average non racer/ play around in the back yard rider can probably get between 30-40 hrs on a 125 top end and that could be pushing it esp if your running a cast piston, I put 40 hours on my 250 top ends. 125s need to be rev'ed to the moon to make power, which means more stress on motor internals. Go past the recommended service intervals and your asking for the symptoms your experiencing now.

To the OP there is no question yo need a new piston, probably will also need your cylinder replated, and hope the ring is still in tact or your talking possible bottom end damage.

Notice the second sentence I wrote. I'm sure this 125 has more than double that amount of time on it.

I do... just wanted to clarify so the OP didnt think 80 hrs on a 125 was acceptable.

My post was not supposed to be directed towards you, sorry if you took it that way.

just because it's an 95 doesn't mean he has never changed the piston. then again just because its a 95 and it's still on the oem piston doesn't mean he has 80 hrs on it..

Sometimes flaming someone off the bat is wrong.. Get more info first then flameo hotman if justified!

Thanks for the replys much appreciated! I've just booked it into a mates workshop to be done, another problem I have is I'm looking for plastics and I come across 2 different designs so I'm confused my radiator scoops are like a square shape that slot to the side of the tank , but these other ones I've seen are like a V or W shape that screw directly onto the tank, so I'm extremely confussed even though they state there for a 95 model !