wanting a crf450r

Ok ive been wanting one really bad for along time but dont know much about hondas. so i got some questions i guess if you would call them that.

1. What year is better?

2. are they good on trials?

3. what kinda exhaust system is really good for it?

4. whats the top speed for it when its stock?

Well i guess thats a little bit of questions for ya just give answers and ill give more questions THANKS.:smirk:

Ok ive been wanting one really bad for along time but dont know much about hondas. so i got some questions i guess if you would call them that.

1. What year is better?

2. are they good on trials?

3. what kinda exhaust system is really good for it?

4. whats the top speed for it when its stock?

Well i guess thats a little bit of questions for ya just give answers and ill give more questions THANKS.:smirk:

1. Up for debate. Some people like the later fourth gens. (07-08).....Do a search...

2. Yes, flywheel weights, gear ratios and all that fun stuff.....Do a search....

3. FMF Q4, or pack the stocker and throw a pro moto billet spark arrestor on it.

4. Why? Are you planning to ride it in a straight line in fifth gear? Gee, maybe around 70, I guess.

4. no not going to run in a straight line just want to know how fast it could go stock so i can figure out when i mod it how fast it could go with mods you know sorry for that question didnt know you would get so mad lmao but who cares.

4. no not going to run in a straight line just want to know how fast it could go stock so i can figure out when i mod it how fast it could go with mods you know sorry for that question didnt know you would get so mad lmao but who cares.

I'm not mad, I just think that it is useless to ask that question if you never are going to even have a chance to reach that speed. These bikes are equipped with close ratio five speed transmissions that aren't *usually* subjected to extended high speed operation. I have a wide ratio transmission in mine, but I also pull double duty on the street, thus, having the trans kit in mine helps me not have my bike screaming at me when riding backroads.

ya i got it but i ride in the dunes. and i like to be in 5th gear kinda wide open not hitting the rev limiter i have never abused any of my bikes and i plan on keeping it that way just like to play around with the throttle when im in last gear.

They will do about 80 stock, gearing limited. There is enough power there to pull a little over 100 if you re-geared or got a wide-ratio transmission,

i had my 2011 topped out at 85 on a gps, judging from the 2011 if you wanted to trail ride it first thing is put a 50 or 51 on the back the 48 is way to high of gearing for trail riding and i put a yoshi rsd4 which is perfect for anytype of riding with the spark arrestor in its super quiet and with everything out its super loud

ya i got it but i ride in the dunes. and i like to be in 5th gear kinda wide open not hitting the rev limiter i have never abused any of my bikes and i plan on keeping it that way just like to play around with the throttle when im in last gear.

Hence more info.... I wasn't trying to be a dick, just a lack of information with what kind of riding you do and such. You might want to look into something with a wide ratio trans or something to that effect. I started out with an awesome 05 crf 450r and pretty much did almost everything to make it into a 450x. Hindsight is 20/20, oh well, I have fun on it....

You like to be in fifth gear wide open, but you've never abused your bikes? Which is it?

These are amazing bikes, built for MX. You can ride them on the trails all day long. No one talks about the top speed because that's not what they were made for. They can go from 0-60 pretty fast, though.

If you mod it, it might go a little faster for a much shorter period of time, meaning that reliability has been compromised. It's already a powerful formula one-style engine built by Honda engineers. What do you know about building race bikes that they don't?

I just bought an '08. Steeper steering head, so it turns better. Installed a Trail Tech 35 oz. flywheel and a Revloc Dyna-Ring, no problem in the tight, muddy low speed trails. It has plenty of top speed, thinking about a 50t sprocket.

well i usualy ride trails alot but started riding sand dunes.

Make it work for you. There's alot to be tapped. I had a problem going in the slow stuff, i.e. stalling, common with 450s. I don't have to abuse the clutch to keep it from stalling. The auto/clutch helped me tremendously, it has a 30 day return policy. I'm 55 and started riding again after a long absence.

im 16 wiegh 185 and 6 foot 1. ive riden alot of dirtbikes from little 50s to a 125 2 strokes to 250 4 strokes and on and on and on lmfao. But ive been wanting a crf450r sense i was 13. ive found a 2006 model bone stock for 2200 is this a good price for the year and is the 2006 model any good. THANKS

the 06 was a good all round bike, its turns pretty well and at the same time its pretty stable at speed. if the bike is in good shape thats not a bad deal.

and if u want to drag race your cousins neighbor on his 92 kx 125 you will flat smoke him!!:smirk:

im 16 wiegh 185 and 6 foot 1. ive riden alot of dirtbikes from little 50s to a 125 2 strokes to 250 4 strokes and on and on and on lmfao. But ive been wanting a crf450r sense i was 13. ive found a 2006 model bone stock for 2200 is this a good price for the year and is the 2006 model any good. THANKS

It depends on what condition the bike is in, but that seems like a decent price. As far as mods, you need to ride a bike before determining what mods work best for how and where you ride.

makes sense, check out thoroughly, make your best deal. i paid $3500 for a well maintained '08. starts 1st kick, engine has never been apart, no valve adjustments. i think it was too much for previous owner. it was crashed, but it's straight, slight wobble in front rim, nothing major.

speed on a crf450r is 85 with stock gearing. its scary though.. but you will have no problem hittin 60 from 0 in a few seconds haha