Sign in to follow this  

California OK Simple Question, MB5?

OK let it rip, Fat dude on a 250X with an MB5 on the rear, I f't it at MR because of a bad pressure gauge and a stupid Rider, "that was me". In The Mud at FH, I would hope to do better as I kind of know this place, what PSI would you use? This would be for a Ride on the next week end as I am way to busy for this one. BB Ride On and have a great Ride and give us a good RR after!!

I imagine that you are talking about the IRC M5B rear tire. It's a good mud tire. PSI all depends on the rider. The faster you are the more pressure you need to prevent a pinch flat.

I love the M5B but only use it in the desert since I tried a trials tire for woods riding...

That's what I keep hearing...gona try one when it's time to replace the M5B

i would say 14 lb is probably going to do for a big guy trail riding.i personally dont like m5b unless there is some moisture in the dirt,then its sweet.swore my rear wheel bearings were going out last summer using one at stonyford .dan

Hey Dude,

The M5B is a great tire. You already know that! My question is.............. what do you pair with it up front?

I had a leaky valve stem, so it didn't matter what PSI I was running. By the end of the day it'd be flat. :smirk:

Edited by superslyko
I finally changed it. Now it holds air!

no more than 12 psi in the rocks and 7-8 if you want the best traction.

Thats for a 140 tire on a 2.5" rim

Hey Dude,

The M5B is a great tire. You already know that! My question is.............. what do you pair with it up front?

I had a leaky valve stem, so it didn't matter what PSI I was running. By the end of the day it'd be flat. :smirk:

M5B on the back $75 S12 on the front $68 Fixing flats on the trail with Superslyko, priceless

BobsParty2009013.jpg

Damn, with the sun shinning off my forehead, I look like Herman Munster! But I do like your hair BfB! :smirk:

Elkins%252520Flat%2525207-22-05%252520001.jpg

Admit it Buffalo Bill, you wish you were him. :smirk:

Hey Dude,

I use a Pirelli Scorpion Pro on the front, Tirebiter "Dan" turned me on to that tire a few years back and it has been my favorite front tire ever since.:smirk:

BobsParty2009013.jpg

Damn, with the sun shinning off my forehead, I look like Herman Munster! But I do like your hair BfB! :smirk:

Elkins%252520Flat%2525207-22-05%252520001.jpg

Admit it Buffalo Bill, you wish you were him. :smirk:

Man it was hot as hell that day but the 4 of us "out of 8" made it the whole ride. I remember filling my helmet with that nice cold water and I'm poring it out in that pic. I rode Cow last weekend and yep torched more riders on the same trails.

like the m5b but when if you wear them out like i do the side nobs break off and leave a whole in the tire so the tube is exposed ..

I use a Pirelli Scorpion Pro on the front, Tirebiter "Dan" turned me on to that tire a few years back and it has been my favorite front tire ever since.:smirk:

Tirebiter's an azzhole, never believe a word he says....:smirk:

Tirebiter's an azzhole, never believe a word he says....:smirk:

Yeah that is what I thought, but I thought that I would give him the benefit of the doubt then I rode with him again and he proved me right.:prof:

Back at Ya TB.:smirk:

Have fun on Friday, post some pics!!!

Yeah that is what I thought, but I thought that I would give him the benefit of the doubt then I rode with him again and he proved me right.:smirk:

Back at Ya TB.:smirk:

Have fun on Friday, post some pics!!!

Up yers, ya round eyed devil!

If y'all are looking for the PERFECT all-round front, here's the ticket.. Much better hook up and longer lasting than the Pirelli scorpion.

http://www.pacificpowersports.info/Products/High-Performance-Tires/Terrapactor-I-T/07-080-100-21

******* kick booty front, I shit ya not.

Up yers, ya round eyed devil!

If y'all are looking for the PERFECT all-round front, here's the ticket.. Much better hook up and longer lasting than the Pirelli scorpion.

http://www.pacificpowersports.info/Products/High-Performance-Tires/Terrapactor-I-T/07-080-100-21

******* kick booty front, I shit ya not.

Yeah, Ya old under the Bridge Dweller you think that this is a good one? I trusted you before, give me two more Months on the present one and maybe, just maybe I will give it a try!!:smirk:

RJ

Yeah, Ya old under the Bridge Dweller you think that this is a good one? I trusted you before, give me two more Months on the present one and maybe, just maybe I will give it a try!!:smirk:

RJ

I don't lie..

Been grilled by the best, while under extreme peer pressure..

lies.jpg

Ok, I lied once, but I was undercover..

61thearrest.jpg

I use a Pirelli Scorpion Pro on the front, :

+1 Scorpion front and M5B rear has been a winning combo for the

Winter months. Love the M5B when it's really muddy. 12 to 14 psi is about

where I run it.

I just read Humbug's post and I agree, the Moto Z's are nice. Haven't tried the Terrapactor yet.

That last MZ front that I used was the Tracula, which they've discontinued. It was ok but had a

strange wear pattern after a while. All the MZ rears that I've used seemed to last a long time, especially

the HT Enduro. IT Enduro was my favorite rear and I hear they've changed it to be DOT legal.