Sign in to follow this  

Washington Starvation Ridge GP & XC 4 & 5 Jun 2011

The next big weekend in OMRA racing is coming up! GP on Saturday and XC on Sunday. For those not in the know GP is 1.5 hours +1 lap, XC is 2.5 hours +1 lap.

This is a good time to get some track time to prep for the 24 hour;)

Expect high speed racing in wide open terrain!

Joe...........

i plan on being there Sunday. I've raced the 6 and 12 hour races there but never a GP or XC so it should be fun!

that is the same weekend as the GOLDEN SPIKE IN PACKWOORK, WA

NMA points event

Isn't there already a thread for that event? :smirk:

Isn't there already a thread for that event? :smirk:

why yes, in fact there is a post... by me...

With only a limited number of weekends, bound to be some conflict on events. No way to avoid it between two state competition committees (NMA and OMRA)

The conflict was not by design. This race was scheduled earlier in the spring but with the mega wet spring we are having it was pushed out to June. It sucks because the Golden Spike was an NMA race that was on my hit list this year. The weather is against us this spring.

Joe.....

The weather is against everyone this spring...Taneum being out for awhile put a serious dent in what is available this late spring/summer to ride. Now have to wait til snow melts in other places.

Is the course the same as the 6 and 12 hr? Do they race peewees?

Heavy rain and wind have our local trails covered in snow, down fall trees, and wash outs.. We're WAY behind this year.. Bummer..

Break out the Dual Sport for ride time this year :smirk:

Is the course the same as the 6 and 12 hr? Do they race peewees?

As far as the course, you never know what you are going to get. Scott mixes it up. You will see stuff you ran at the 6 & 12 I have no doubt but chances are it will not be a clone of the 6 or the 12 hour. The GP is on Saturday and you will have all the Junior classes offered. Sunday is a Cross Country series event so Junior Experts only;)

Joe.........

Here is a little more info.

Joe........

SATURDAY JUNE 4TH OMRA GP AT STARVATION RIDGE

THE RIDERS MEETING IS MANDATORYAT ALL OTBG EVENTS.

The start times will be announced at the riders meeting.

APPROXIMATE START TIMES:

JUNIOR C’S & JUNIOR C ATV’S - 9:30AM

JUNIOR A’S, B’S & JUNIOR AMATEUR ATV’S – 10:00AM

RIDERS MEETING – 10:30AM

11:00am(ish) – Experts- AA, VA, 200Z, Open X, 30U, 40V, 200E & Open Amateur.

1:00pm (ish) Amateurs & Beginners: 30D, 40F, 50R, 50Y, 60Q, 70P, Women, Beginners, Sportsman

And Junior X

ATV’s & UTV’S

RIDERS MEETING 2:30pm

ALL ATV’S & UTV’S 3:00pm (ish)

JUNE 5TH 2011 RACE SCHEDULE

THE RIDERS MEETING IS MANDATORYAT ALL OTBG EVENTS.

The start times will be announced at the riders meeting.

RIDERS MEETING FOR SHORT COURSE:

8:00AM

RIDERS MEETION FOR LONG COURSE:

10:30AM

APPROXIMATE RACE TIMES ARE:

SHORT COURSE: 9:00AM(ish) – 50R, 50Y, 60Q, 70P, WOMEN, SPORTSMAN & JUNIOR X’S.

1 ½ HRS + 1 LAP

10:30AM- JUNIOR A’s, B’S & C’S (This is not a point’s event! Will hold if there is interest.)

RIDERS MEETING LONG COURSE: 10:30AM

LONG COURSE: 11:00am(ish) –AA, VA, OPEN X, 200Z, 30U, 40V, OPEN A, 200E, 30D, 40F, BEGINNER.

2 ½ HRS + 1 LAP

DEBBIE