Sign in to follow this  

Motorcycle Superstore!

I think Motorcycle superstore is hackin my computer.... or is it Thumpertalk!?

Everytime I look at something on MS website there ads pop up on TT showing EXACTLY what I looked at when I was on there sight!:smirk:

Somethin aint right here folks. I cant be the only one this happens too.

I gotta admit though its a good way to advertise, but kinda sneaky.

THEY know everything. Spend enough time buying things online (I practically do this for a living) and you'll see that THEY know everything.

Look at an item at one online store and then for the rest of the week half the other online sites will be "advertising" (aka reminding) you of the items you were looking at but didn't purchase.

And it's cross-industry: I get computer network equipment ads on motorcycle websites, and motorcycle gear ads on guitar websites, and guitar equipment ads on computer equipment websites.

If it's the same industry i've even more intense. And if you return to the same site they bombard you with reminders of the things you were looking at earlier.

There is no need for "Need To Purchase" lists anymore. They remind you of whatever you were looking at earlier, and keep on until you buy it.

And it works, at least in my case. I can't tell you how often I'm reminded about something I was lookign at the previous week and say to myself "oh, ya... I forgot about that, I never finished buying it, I think I will now"

Talking about motorcycle superstore, I can't get onto there site anymore. Is anyone else having a problem or is it just my PC.

I think Motorcycle superstore is hackin my computer.... or is it Thumpertalk!?

Everytime I look at something on MS website there ads pop up on TT showing EXACTLY what I looked at when I was on there sight!:ride:

Somethin aint right here folks. I cant be the only one this happens too.

I gotta admit though its a good way to advertise, but kinda sneaky.

Not uncommon. I just looked up cellphone accessories and now all my ads are exactly the same accessories that I looked at in the TT ads

^ works fine for me

I don't know why I cant get on. I have no problem with any other site.

Anyone want some cookies?

Exactly. Sounds like a basic tracking cookie. Very common. Anti-virus software takes care of them for me

i was bored one day so i looked at the new toyota tundra on their website and now almost all my ads are toyota

Even better: my girlfriend was shopping for lingerie on this computer and now I'm getting some rather racy ads with smoking hot models... :ride:

NOT deleting cookies this time... :lol:

I shop at Guitar center and just yesterday I noticed guitar center ads on this site and I thought how do they know how to find me on here. Now I know.