KM not open for Memorial Weekend. Trail maintenance on weekends of 6/4 and 6/11.

California

The amount of snow this year has prevented opening the Kern Plateau (aka KM) for the holiday weekend. Please don't go up there as they will cite anyone on a dirt bike.

There will be trail maintenance on the weekend of 6/4-6/5 and the next weekend of 6/11-6/12. Hopefully some of the trails will open after that first weekend and everything should be open no later than that next weekend. We could use a few more volunteers for those weekends. There is going to be a lot of work going on as I'd guess that the number of down trees needing removal will number well above one hundred.

There is nothing like riding to the bottom of Rattlesnake at this time of year. Well as long as you didn't open your airbox. Can you say deep water?

Anyhow if anyone would like to help out send me a PM.

Anybody? It's actually a pretty good time. Really it is. You have to fill out some volunteer paperwork and then we ride with the rangers to clear the down trees.

Edited by cleonard

I was planning on coming up this weekend but tweaked my back AGAIN working around the house, damn I hate this!

Sorry Carl. :-(

Anybody? It's actually a pretty good time. Really it is. You have to fill out some volunteer paperwork and then we ride with the rangers to clear the down trees.

I thinking about it get me more info. Time and where ?

All thing consider it was fun . After destroy my rear wheel , chain . Trail that be more trials then single track . That said the chance to spen the day with an experience woodsman with a chain saw was a adventure .Being one of 1st. trail was cool .

Any rough date on a opening yet?

Any rough date on a opening yet?

It's going to be a while unfortunately. There is still way too much snow. We were only able to do some of the lower trails as the snow was just way too deep up high. It's hard to cut the trees across the trail when it's buried under feet of snow. It might be as late as the last week in June.

As last that I heard they will hit the trails again this weekend to clear some more.

It's going to be a while unfortunately. There is still way too much snow. We were only able to do some of the lower trails as the snow was just way too deep up high. It's hard to cut the trees across the trail when it's buried under feet of snow. It might be as late as the last week in June.

As last that I heard they will hit the trails again this weekend to clear some more.

Dont know if my bike will be ready this weekend .I would do it again . Let me know if thay want me back ?

Edited by john lee
typo

Why wouldn't they want you back J Lee? You didn't hump anybody's leg did you??? :ride:

why wouldn't they want you back j lee? You didn't hump anybody's leg did you??? :ride:

not today