KTM Mapping switch

Thought I had it sussed, but have just read an article on the 2011 KTM 300 EXC, which states that the engine map should be selected before riding, and not while being ridden (DOH), what gives, mine works fine while being ridden, anyone got any other experiences?

Sounds like a CYA legal statement. I switch my 09 530 exc all the time when I'm tired in the tight stuff..

Sounds like a CYA legal statement. I switch my 09 530 exc all the time when I'm tired in the tight stuff..

Can you feel a difference when you switch it?I changed mine to the tame side when i first bought the bike and havent messed with it since.

To me it makes a huge difference, Flattens the hit it out of the bottom but not the top.

Makes my 530 much more ridable in the really tight stuff or the slick nasty wet roots or slow tight wet pavement. You just use less energy with it switched off when your tired.

Makes 0 difference once you open the throttle.

I have a small micro toggle switch mounted on the frame at the front of the tank. I popped on a couple of short peices of wire with the same connectors as the stock ones and just plugged it in.

If your only running it on the off (tame) position your cheating yourself out of a lot of fun.

Thanks for replies guy's.

KTM NZ confirmed what I thought was correct, yes you can use the map switch while riding, just goes to show, dont always beleive what you read.

I love my orange :smirk:

from the outback

you can switch the mapping by unplugging or plugging in if you doent want to change the mapping often, grey wire behind cdi and tank.