Bought a 92 DR650

Well i decided im going to need something to save on gas other than drive my truck all the time so i picked up a 92 DR650.

Has about 8400mi but it needs a kicker. It doesnt look all that bad ill snap some pics tonight and post them.

It seemed to run good when we got it going (had to pop start it in 4th behind a truck lol)

Picked it up for $1100 and its street legal and everything, what ya think? was it worth it.

Like i said ill post some pics tonight.

Ok got some pics, got the kicker and its on but not for the pics.

Also have a new decomp cable on the way because the one that was on it was rigged. But thats it i was riding it around some more today and i like it i mean it will do what i want to do which is just cruise around with some friends that have dual sports hit up some trails and just keep going on the roads after the trail ends to see where we end up at.

240.jpg

0525110658.jpg

0525110657.jpg

That bike looks pretty clean, they did not ride it that much.

I would have bought it in a heart beat, for that price and a title that is GREAT.

I am on the hunt for a Suzuki TS250 or a Yamaha DT250 (title so I put it on the road), but they are hard to find.

"But thats it i was riding it around some more today and i like it i mean it will do what i want to do which is just cruise around with some friends that have dual sports hit up some trails and just keep going on the roads after the trail ends to see where we end up at."

Hey, it's a DR, an earlier one, but non the less. Your quote above says it all. Pavement or trails, I think it's the funnest bike to ride. I ride 99% pavement on my bike. The other 1% is the parking lot at work- gravel...I go slow there:smirk:.

To me the most enjoyable part of the DR is just riding it. The basic maintenance is just another + for the bike. Heck I checked the valve lash. A little scary the first time, but will be a breeze next time.

Good looking DR btw. Enjoy it!

rc

Me and some buddies went for a ride today and my body is telling me to F off.

Im so used to being able to throw the bikes around cause all i usually ride is race bikes I had (03crf450 00 cr250) things like that, light aluminum frame bikes.

Well we went out trail riding for a few hours and i was trying to throw it around well to say the least it doesnt work lol. I just wanted to see how it would do and im defiantly only going to take it if were cruising trails because its way to big and heavy to throw around but that doesnt really come as a surprise seeing what it is.

I think im going to finish parting out my quad and sell the rest of the CRF450 parts i have and try and pick up another race bike to mess around on.

But i definitely like it for just cruising around the trails nothing really bad or hard and it seems to run really good.

Im happy i got it, and ill be happier when i start riding it on the road and it saves me money.

Me and some buddies went for a ride today and my body is telling me to F off.

Im so used to being able to throw the bikes around cause all i usually ride is race bikes I had (03crf450 00 cr250) things like that, light aluminum frame bikes.

Well we went out trail riding for a few hours and i was trying to throw it around well to say the least it doesnt work lol. I just wanted to see how it would do and im defiantly only going to take it if were cruising trails because its way to big and heavy to throw around but that doesnt really come as a surprise seeing what it is.

I think im going to finish parting out my quad and sell the rest of the CRF450 parts i have and try and pick up another race bike to mess around on.

But i definitely like it for just cruising around the trails nothing really bad or hard and it seems to run really good.

Im happy i got it, and ill be happier when i start riding it on the road and it saves me money.

You got the right attitude, my friend.:smirk: Keep the bike for what it is: a do-most-things-sorta bike.:smirk: I'm still considering swapping out my DR 350 for the big girl. I just need to gather more info on what's to be lost and what's to be gained and if it's all worth it in the end.:prof:

Nice old girl, and in good condition. mines a 91 dakar model with original 14595 Kilometres (9068mi), but not in as good conditon, had to source frame from overseas, compete rebuild Ride

Yep, the big DR is no motoX bike but it is still fun and easy to work on. Remember if the big DR gets away from you and wants to go down don't try to save it, let go of the bars or it will pull you down hard.

Looks pretty clean for the age IMO

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now