Sign in to follow this  

xt350 carb question

The carb that im talking about is the one that the Japanese stole from the Russian Sputnik space program during the cold war. I was wondering if you guys know how to test the pressure or vacuum operated card side with the bladder that pulls up the needle. The bladder looks ok but how do i know if that needle is lifting properly? Thanks

Pull the right side air boot off and rev the engine, you'll be able to see it move.

Those carbs aren't all bad. They actually work very well once dialed in. The biggest problem is finding tuning components. Lots of threads here and in the vintage section. Do a search and you'll find lots of info.

im not exactly sure how this works, but if the carb was off the bike and i put a shop vac on the the head port should it open the needle valve? Im trying to learn on how this acually works. I seems on mine anyway you need a decent volume of air blown into the small moon shaped chamber to make it open. Thanks for the reply

Pull the right side air boot off and rev the engine, you'll be able to see it move.

Those carbs aren't all bad. They actually work very well once dialed in. The biggest problem is finding tuning components. Lots of threads here and in the vintage section. Do a search and you'll find lots of info.