Removing Screen on 11 KX250F

Has anybody removed the screen in the airbox? I was trying to do it a week or so ago because, looking at the parts diagram, there are two gaskets, one on either side of the screen, so I should be able to take it out and just leave one gasket in place? The problem was I could not get the boot / screen / airbox to separate from one another. They were well stuck to the gaskets between them. I figured I'd ruin a gasket if it tore, so I put it back together. Is there something I am missing here? Anybody do this without a kit? Thanks.

Also, has anyone tried the 09-10 Magura hydraulic clutch on the '11? It ought to fit I assume. I am trying to get clutch pull to be easier. I broke my wrist a few months ago and it is only about half strength currently, so riding for a short time wears my left hand out completely. Thought the hydro clutch might help?

I removed the screen on my 07 KX250F......to be real honest.........I could not tell a difference. I used one of the PC kits.....if I had it to do over again.......I would have never messed with it......

i remove mine,but they are a pain in the ass! you need to pry it apart,then to remove whats left of the old gasket is a pain. i dremal my screen out this time,on my 07 i use the pc kit.

Unless you are running a top motor with race fuel etc.....removing the screen isn't going to give you any noticeable benefit.

i agree,but its easyer to whip the boot out after you wash.

i agree,but its easyer to whip the boot out after you wash.

+1........:thumbsup:yeah that is true.........

could you tell i was being a little sarcastic?

^Why yeah.......silly....:smirk:

is this forum for real or is it just some guys joking around with each other? I am all over the jokes don't get me wrong, but this is supposed to be a place where people get their questions answered and then it becomes a resource for others to search through...and this thread has one real answer and the rest is just some guys horsing around. Just a thought...do as you like.

What is the big deal........I gave you a honest answer.....DMauro is my friend.....so we have a good time on TT.....is there a crime in that?

I thought I did too.....?

we tried the other day because we needed to give it all a good clean due to dust getting past the filter. in the end we gave up and just stuffed a rag up there as far as we could. would have liked to have washed it out and let it dry but we wernt sure if you can get that sensor wet that is on top of the assembly. does anyone know if u can?

we tried the other day because we needed to give it all a good clean due to dust getting past the filter. in the end we gave up and just stuffed a rag up there as far as we could. would have liked to have washed it out and let it dry but we wernt sure if you can get that sensor wet that is on top of the assembly. does anyone know if u can?

hijack.jpg

is this forum for real or is it just some guys joking around with each other? I am all over the jokes don't get me wrong, but this is supposed to be a place where people get their questions answered and then it becomes a resource for others to search through...and this thread has one real answer and the rest is just some guys horsing around. Just a thought...do as you like.

i was serious tho its easy to clean the boot out now, after i wash the bike i take the filter out and there is alittle water and dirt in there. if the screen is there than what you have to leave it. so i did answer the question properly!

For what purpose are you trying to remove the airbox screen? That is not a choke point on your bike. You will gain zero power from that mod.

hijack.jpg

yeah and what i did was much worse than your efforts-troll much? its about the same part of the bike and figured while the topic is being discussed here it made sense to post it....clearly i was mistaken....everyone should just make a new thread for every little question they have, even if it is closely related to another....oh wait, people seem to sook when that happens aswell...guess we cant win. sorry to the OP if i stepped in on your thread, thought it was appropriate and maybe even thought that if you were trying to pull it apart to clean it yourself that my question may have helped you with yours

WOW - Touchy......Humour screw anti-clockwise, you're running a 'tad' lean matey.

This IS an internet forum. There'll be tons of posts you'll have to look through to find your answer. It's a fact of life.

no i wouldnt say touchy, sure i can see the funny side of the pic you posted, but think its more suited for someone who has just completley gone off topic and done it on purpose

Fair enough. I appreciate your post was 'somewhat' related....but a bit of humour does no harm, me old cobber :smirk: