Sign in to follow this  

450 exc MPG

i have a stock 2003 450 exc and was wondering what kind of gas mileage it would get cruising on the road. if it is not to bad i will get it a plate for it and ride it to school.:smirk:

I get 40-45 mpg trail riding my 540 so would expect similar or better cruising on the street.

I have an 04 exc 400 and when I am dual sport riding I get somewhere around 45mpg. I the large IMS tank on it. I think it's 3.1 gallons or so and i can go 130 miles and not run out.

It should get 50+ mpg. I get that and more, even at high speeds, with my '09 KTM engined Beta 570 RS.

when i still had the stock gearing on it mine would pull down 60-65 mpg cruising the freeway.:smirk:

i have a stock 2003 450 exc and was wondering what kind of gas mileage it would get cruising on the road. if it is not to bad i will get it a plate for it and ride it to school.:smirk:

40-50+ unless it's worn out

Doc bob

your not kidding about the every now and then.:smirk: mine had 15 45 gearing when it was pulling down that mpg:ride:

This totally depends on how you ride. If I ride conservative with out opening it up and just ride with traffic I get 60 mpg around town with some highway. If however I ride like hot rod then it drops to 40 mpg. If you like feeling the power you won't do well on MPG. Tire wear follows the same rule. If you are on a dirt tire you can wear the tread down in a real short number of miles when you hot rod on pavement. To save your dirt tire hod rod only on dirt or buy tires often.

45mpg cruising speed limit with offroad gearing (forget what it was).

got better mpg on my k9 gsx-r1000 though.