Sign in to follow this  

2009 kx450f Back firing

Hey guys hopin someone can help me out. Yesterday I was riding my 09 kx450f and everything was runnin fine. Slid over a berm and laid it down on the left side pretty soft. I dont know if that might have pinched a hose or what but I got up started the bike and now it back fires on the deccel, basically every time i let off. Air filter is clean. Is it a fouling spark plug by chance? Bought the bike brand new almost exactly a year ago. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks

Edited by Broc919

Hey guys hopin someone can help me out. Yesterday I was riding my 09 kx450f and everything was runnin fine. Slid over a berm and laid it down on the left side pretty soft. I dont know if that might have pinched a hose or what but I got up started the bike and now it back fires on the deccel, basically every time i let off. Air filter is clean. Is it a fouling spark plug by chance? Bought the bike brand new almost exactly a year ago. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks

Dirt sucked into the gas tank / fuel pump

Alright so figured it out, found a crack in my header on the bottom. I just couldnt see it before cause my bike was dirty from riding the other day. Ive heard that other years of the kx450's header will fit an 09. Anyone confirm this?

The FMF header is the same from 06 to 11 so the stock header should work from any kx450f but power may be a little different? ??

Hope this helps

Ernie

Check for any loose or cracked connections around the head pipe.

Told you, glad you got it figured out!!!!!!!

Got a full system almost new off 11 kx450f on e-bay ending real soon here is item number 220788766255, good luck

i cracked the headpipe on my 09 and put on a fmf powerbomb and it was wonderful. wheni bought mine there was some sort of sale going on and i got it for only $99

Sweet thanks alot guys, sounds like im ordering the powerbomb when I get paid this friday then. Glad to know I dont need to re-map it also.