Sign in to follow this  

Suzuki LTZ 400 air box

Will the EX 400 air box fit into the LTZ 400? What jetting would I need with a stock motor, stock pipe, intake hot cam, air box lid off at 500 to 750 feet Altitude? will the intake hot cam make a difference? or should I leave the stock intake cam on? Stock 2006 LTZ 400, I don't have money to get a pipe right now

Jhope32

I wouldn't do the cam or even take the airbox lid off while I still had a corked up stock exhaust. I say save your money until you can afford to do the whole thing right.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Big64N
      Good condition with a long list of high end upgrade parts.
      Rekluse EXP 3.0 with cover and slave
      EVO- Ellensburg suspension tuning for 6' 200# expert rider
      Fork bleeders
      Trail-tech map switch
      Moose 1-1/8 flex bar
      CYCRA probend bar guards
      SXS skid plate with linkage plate
      Clutch and water pump guards
      Frame guards
      Fastway Evolution III pegs
      SRT Pro Armor radiator and rear rotor guards
      Acerbic Front rotor guard
      TM designs chain guides
      DID race chain
      Renthal sprockets
      Gripper seat
      FMF F-bomb header
      Dirt Tricks timing chain tensioner
      Pro Wheel, wheels
      Tubliss front and rear
      New top end and valve adjustment 60 hours old
      Many more aftermarket parts as well as spare parts and service manuals included in the sale.  Willing to include 4 sets of tires with 80% tread left for full price.
      Great bike with plenty of life left and set up for anything from single track woods to wide open dessert.
      Can hang with any of the 450's but is much easier to handle in the tight woods.
      Priced to sell at $6000.00 
      Willing to consider reasonable offers but no trades or carry.
    • By TheBavarian
      Suzuki RMX250 two-stroke in excellent shape. Full bike overhaul 4.5 hrs ago. All work was done precisely to factory specs. Got receipts for everything.
      Rebuilt topend with new Wiseco Pro-Lite piston, rings, wristpin and wristpin bearing. Cometic gasket kit.
      New SKF wheel bearings and OEM seals front and rear
      Rebuilt Keihin PJ38 carburetor, jetted correctly
      New Twin air filter
      Silencer repacked with premier FMF packing
      Linkage fully serviced
      Swingarm bearings and bushing fully serviced
      Clutch, kickstarter and power valve serviced
      New OEM lower shock bearing
      front and rear brakes serviced
      Bike has:
      FMF Fatty pipe and FMF Turbinecore silencer
      Fly Racing Fat bars with Tusk bar risers
      oversized foot pegs
      Highline Recreation rear Tugger lift strap
      I also installed new Tusk D-Flex hand guards, Moose Racing pipe guard and Ricochet skid plate.
      Tires in great condition: Bridgestone M59 on the front, MotoZ Mountain Hybrid rear.
      Bike starts on first kick, idles and runs perfectly. 100% ready to ride.
      I was planning to build and keep this bike long term but now need to sell it.
      Also comes with full spare set of NSK wheel bearings, UNI air filter, owner's manual and other spare parts.
      Located in Seattle Lake City.
      Any questions, please text, call or email. (seven 34 - two 77 - 5742)
      Thanks
    • By Bence Tullner
      The problem occurs about the midrange, the motor runs uneven and dont produce any power. The motor starts easily, don't smoking, and idles very well. Under and above this certain rpm range the bike runs well. In neutral the problem dont occurs. In smaller gears and in sliperry terrain where the wheel can spin the bike runs better. My first thought was it is a carburetor problem, but douesnt matter the throttle position, the problem always occurs on the same rpm range, so I start to think maybe the ignition has the problem. I found the stock carburetor setting is: 170 main, and nldt-4 needle. The bike had 175 main and I changed it to 162 (because there is 2 type of k9 rmz 250 and the other type of k9 stock main is 162) but it dont solve the problem, I also tried different clip positions. I changed the spark plug and the old the spark plug has a perfect brown color. I dont check the float level and needle because I think if its bad the bike would run bad in every rpm range. By the way the bike is totally stock. Sorry if I made any mistake in my write, my english knowledge is not perfect. 
    • By Mitchell B
      I have a 2001 dr650 that dies whenever I give it a little gas.  The bike has a procycle jet kit, along with the modified air box and a DG muffler.  The bike ran fine until I drilled the slide and slightly clipped the spring (conservatively on both).  After re-assembling, it will start fine and idle fine until I give it gas.  I checked to make sure the small o-ring for the vacuum line was still there and it is.  I've took the carb apart and put it back together a few times now looking for anything but it all seems clean and in good shape.  I have also checked the small fuel filter and it is clear.  Any help would be appreciated.  
    • By Guest Bryan Bosch
      We've sold thousands of the ThumperTalk manual cam chain tensioners to DRZ bike owners, so I thought I'd make sure our LTZ owners too were aware of this little gem...

For additional info, including pricing:
      https://thumpertalk.com/shop/ThumperTalk-Manual-Cam-Chain-Tensioner-p2006766344.html