Airbox RM250

Anyone have an airbox, 03-05 rm250? Wore through mine in a few places, maybe ill plastic weld?

I repaired mine with Shoe Goo.

Shoe Goo stays in my tool box. Work damm good for grips.

Shoe Goo stays in my tool box. Work damm good for grips.

I have a pair of Alpinestars and I wore the soles out in seriously 10 rides maybe, no joke. I used some Shoe Goo to rebuild the rubber that had worn away and it lasted way longer than 10 rides.... Funny how a little $6 tube of rubber can outlast whatever the stuff is that Alpinestars uses on their Tech 8s....

I'll try it for grips! Good idea!

I have a pair of Alpinestars and I wore the soles out in seriously 10 rides maybe, no joke. I used some Shoe Goo to rebuild the rubber that had worn away and it lasted way longer than 10 rides.... Funny how a little $6 tube of rubber can outlast whatever the stuff is that Alpinestars uses on their Tech 8s....

I'll try it for grips! Good idea!

LOL! You must have razor blades and spikes for footpegs. I have had good luck with my Alpinestars. Also had alot good luck with Shoegoo being a skateboarder back in school days. Man that was a long time ago now!:smirk:

LOL! You must have razor blades and spikes for footpegs. I have had good luck with my Alpinestars. Also had alot good luck with Shoegoo being a skateboarder back in school days. Man that was a long time ago now!:smirk:

Actually I was riding a CRF250 with worn out stock pegs, they weren't sharp at all! I must have just gotten a bad set of boots. My Gaernes lasted way longer

Shoe Goo and skating went together :smirk:

If you are keeping the bike I would fix it right with buy an air-box a vital competent (or death of a motor) and putting shoe-goo on a race-bike is akin to putting sheet metal behind it an screws.

I would never buy a 'used' bike that has been bastardized with crap like this, fix it right.

A used air-box would be the right way, like doing home repairs oh the sink is leaking, put a bucket under that is will fix it.

Good grief, just sell the bike and take up 'creative engineering' in other hobbies.

If you are keeping the bike I would fix it right with buy an air-box a vital competent (or death of a motor) and putting shoe-goo on a race-bike is akin to putting sheet metal behind it an screws.

I would never buy a 'used' bike that has been bastardized with crap like this, fix it right.

A used air-box would be the right way, like doing home repairs oh the sink is leaking, put a bucket under that is will fix it.

Good grief, just sell the bike and take up 'creative engineering' in other hobbies.

Give me a break. Shoo Goo on airbox causing death of a motor :smirk:

Guess what, my bike is a race bike. And on a limited budget you just do not go out replacing everything that isn't perfect. It's called common sense......

Give me a break. Shoo Goo on airbox causing death of a motor :smirk:

Guess what, my bike is a race bike. And on a limited budget you just do not go out replacing everything that isn't perfect. It's called common sense......

I am saying (if it gets a hole in it) allows dirt in it, nothing about being a limited budget just commonsense. Everything does not have to be perfect, I am paranoid about the air-box since it keeps dirt out with a correctly oiled filter and it is air-tight.

Edited by ar2stroke
I am saying (if it gets a hole in it) allows dirt in it, .

Uhh, that's what the airfilter is for. Besides, didn't you notice your airbox is already full of holes from the factory to let air in? Not to mention a big a** drain at the bottom that is your biggest culprit of letting water and dirt in. If you're that worried you should be plugging up that hole and putting a one way valve in. I've thought about doing that, because it IS an issue.

And as far as Shoe Goo goes the other plastic will fail well before it, it's tough stuff. Works great at repairing any cracked plastics.