Legal question about storing dirt bikes.

is it posing a fire or safety hazzard having a dirt bike with no gas tank on it in my basement?

and how can i prove that it is not a safety issue? like a law code:bonk: i dont want to move my tor apart yz out side its abuse to my bike but he said its a fire hazzard ( my landlord) and its not if there is no tank of gas in the house or on the bike

Call a storage company and ask there rules about it and ask if it's the law and as much info about As possible. I had to store a bike in a self storage for a while and they just asked me to drain the gas. But either way you have some sweet talking to do to the landlord

I agree with you that it does not pose a threat of fire with no fuel in tank or no tank at all for that matter.... BUT it is HIS house, HIS rules. Use this opportunity to learn a valuable lesson. NEXT TIME DON'T ASK....(wheel it in under the cloak of darkness !!) SOMETIMES Its easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.... CHAD:cheers:

I agree with you that it does not pose a threat of fire with no fuel in tank or no tank at all for that matter.... BUT it is HIS house, HIS rules. Use this opportunity to learn a valuable lesson. NEXT TIME DON'T ASK....(wheel it in under the cloak of darkness !!) SOMETIMES Its easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.... CHAD:cheers:

+1 ?

You need to look at your rental or lease agreement. This agreement governs your legal relationship and will set forth your rights. Unless there is some specific IL statutory consumer law that is contradictory to your agreement (i.e. you can't 'contract- away' statutory law), the contract will govern the relationship. And, I suspect the language in the agreement will allow the Landlord to set certain rules.

Legal questions aside, unless you reach a mutual agreement (i.e. that you will store the gas tanks in the garage and the landlord agrees that is a good compromise), I am not sure you want to have that battle by pointing to statutory law or some language in the rental agreement that allows you to store your bike with fuel in the basement against his wishes. A good working relationship may be needed in the future in the event of something unexpected (like you lose your job and cant pay the rent on time and you want him to cut you some slack).