Is there such thing?

There are ASV levers that will bend forward during a crash. Some other brands make them too.

I just buy the cheap spares, throw them in the gear bag and replace when needed. I have always heard that riding with a broken end of the lever is just asking for trouble. (sharp edge)

drill a hole near the end of the lever to create a weak spot. When you fall the lever should break at the hole, carry duct/electrical tape and tape over the sharp. broken end. I'd carry cheap spares in case it breaks at the perch tho

drill a hole near the end of the lever to create a weak spot. When you fall the lever should break at the hole, carry duct/electrical tape and tape over the sharp. broken end. I'd carry cheap spares in case it breaks at the perch tho

Most aftermarket clutch levers will have a notch cut out right before the ball so in theory it will break there. However, in all the clutch levers i have had, i have always broken it at the perch, and never at the breakaway point

The sunline levers look like they'd be awesome, but i have also had asv and they kick ass!

I love my ASV levers. I have a friend who has the Renthal Intellilevers that bend up, down, and back, and they seem like they're really high quality. Very expensive, though. He said he wouldn't have bought them if they wouldn't have come with the bike.

in the spirit of your question...a lot of guys will put teflon tape underneath their perches and other handlebar goodies and dont tighten them too tightly....if you crash they will just be knocked out of the way

No there are no parts that will snap off and snap back on like the old ski bindings of yesteryear. You can install something like sheer bolts so the bolts sheer and not the part but then you'd have to get the old bolt out and replace the bolt. Not something you can do in the middle of a race.

Just had another thought. My father in law wraps the bars under the perch with teflon tape (for pipe threads) and when he puts the perch on he tightens it, but not real hard. When he crashes bad the teflon tape allows the perch to rotate and move ranther than breaking the lever or perch