B50MX Front Suspension

So my b50mx has stock front suspension, but with heavier springs. Right now i have the stock 30wt oil in the called for amount in the forks. Either the rebound is too slow or the suspension is too soft. So I am trying to figure out whether to put more oil in, or spacers, or lighter oil, or heavier oil. Not sure what to do. Any suggestions?

On my '76 TT500, I was suffering horrible bottoming and head shake on braking bumps at the end of faster straights. Landing jumps and G-outs I could get the front to bottom from time to time, but it didn't upset the bike much and it wasn't a big deal. I tried raising the fork oil level some, that didn't work. So, I went to a lighter weight oil to reduce rebound damping and it improved significantly. I went from a 15w to a 7w fork oil.

So apparently my forks were packing down terribly. If you have similar symptoms you might consider reducing the fork oil weight. I have no idea what the older forks like to use, but 30w sounds to be pretty heavy.

In the owners manual, service manual, and The Rupert Ratio unit single engine manual, it calls for different brands of atf. When I wanted to go on the heavy side I used 7 1/2 weight fork oil. Which was fairly stiff.

On my '76 TT500, I was suffering horrible bottoming and head shake on braking bumps at the end of faster straights. Landing jumps and G-outs I could get the front to bottom from time to time, but it didn't upset the bike much and it wasn't a big deal. I tried raising the fork oil level some, that didn't work. So, I went to a lighter weight oil to reduce rebound damping and it improved significantly. I went from a 15w to a 7w fork oil.

So apparently my forks were packing down terribly. If you have similar symptoms you might consider reducing the fork oil weight. I have no idea what the older forks like to use, but 30w sounds to be pretty heavy.

I will try going lighter. Thanks for the input.