Sign in to follow this  

Redneck in SUV on track, need help?

So, I was at my track yesterday. It's hard to explain to people that haven't been there, it's basically past the overpass of the highway, then turns into a GIANT free ride/park area where you have everything from sawdust pits, to hill climbing hills, to a track, it's an open track, and most people just practice one or two jumps. Hopefully you have the idea...

ANYWAY, every time it rains, these stupid redneck mofos get in their retarded 1981 Broncos and FREAKING DO DONUTS IN THE BERMS!!!!!!!!! ***?!?!? They'll try to "hill climb" the jumps and make HUGE ruts near the entrance of the jump so you can't use it if you're on a bike!

So yesterday I was out with a bunch of MX riders just hanging out and talking, and we see another mofo driving his Bronco in the berm messing things up. So we ride over there and some guys roost him with the mud. Eventually he pulls over to us and our leader guy goes over to talk to him

Leader: Hey you know you're messing this track up so we can't use it? They just spent a good amount of money fixing it up after the last few years of it being unusable.

Mofo: Yeah I know! But why do you keep roostin' me? You know it gets my "car" dirty!

Leader: Well they're mad because you're messing up their only track, that the owners kindly fixed up for us last week for free.

Mofo: Well I wouldn't be messin' it up if you guys didn't come out and roost' me! (Which was obviously a lie, because first of all he started, and we gave him a chance to drive through, and they always do it everywhere, even if there're no motorcycles at the time...)

After that we just said let's go this is bullshit.

Anyway, how do we get them to stop it?? I know they love to go "muddin'" but for crying out loud the owners are nice enough to even let us use the land, they just spent nearly $7,000 renting equipment and paying guys to fix it up, and getting just right, so it would be a cool place to go and hang out for the annual ATV jamboree!

And now it looks like shit because it rained, and these people come out and mess EVERYTHING up, it's nearly unrideable now...

We had a private practice track to only a number of members (its extremely hard to get permission for anything these days, one green party ar&ehole complaining has brought down an entire club before..)which we were only allowed to ride every sunday, just meant the surrounding houses didnt have to listen to bikes all week.

Anyway turns out that one of the members of our private club caught people sneaking up on random days during the week and more or less said we couldnt do anything about it.

So we just got the digger up and dug a huge trench before each jump and refilled it the day we got back :smirk:

We found a front number plate and fender and some other conspicuous bits which led us to believe that the fella thought he was being clever, went balls to the wall to a jump and "met" our trench :smirk:

Never seen him again

So theres an idea if you want to put the extra effort in?

Not much you can do since it's somebody else's private property. Can't build gates. The most you probably can do is post signs asking nicely for people not to do it. I've found in life that if you make a sign prohibiting something then kids are going to find it as a "challenge" and do it just because the sign told them not to. Now if you make a sign asking them please don't do it because.... then people tend to heed the sign rather than against it

Take a ninja sword to the track knowbody talks back to a guy on a dirtbike with a ninja sword. It's really hard to say you don't want to start a war and potentially lose all access to your track so kicking his ass isn't going to work although it would be cool.

i feel your pain. i have the same problm at one of the local play areas near me. it is just an open riding/play area, maybe three of four acres, but fun for the kids and has a little track to keep us adults entertained. but every winter the 4x4's go out there and go mudding right down the longest straight on the track and then attempt to climb the jump at the end of it. unfortunately there's nothing we can do about it. we also have a huge problem with people that think its a trash dump, so everytime we go we clean up a bunch of trash. that pisses me off more than the 4x4's do.

im going to have to agree with the spike strip idea

Two wrongs don't make a right. That is messed up big time he is destroying your track, and a lot of idiots don't understand the effort people put into their tracks, and/or property/yards when it comes to people using the ditch in front of my moms house to mud and TEAR her yard to pieces :smirk:

But when it comes down to it, he was possibly trespassing, and vandalizing, and you guys started to come assault him and vandalize his property. Should have just came and explained your situation to him and asked him to leave nicely, that or blocked him in and called the cops and have him cited for trespassing, and get a restraining order so he can't come anywhere near there or risk arrest.

Going and throwing roost I doubt is going to do anything but make him want to specifically come back and tear your shit up.

If you really want them to stop, just record them when they do this, anytime you can catch them, and report them to the police. If they try to leave the property, block them in with your vehicle, but MAKE SURE you don't ram them, come to a complete and full stop, and if they decide to ram you, then they can be charged with vehicular assault.

Of course, this is assuming this is private property and the land owner doesn't want them there..? :smirk:

I don't understand, the owners seem to be your friends, they fix it up, they allow you to ride, have them call the cops, problem solved. If they don't want to get involved give them a dollar for a weeks lease every week and next time the Bronco shows up, whip out your lease in one hand and a cell phone in the other calling the cops.

Not much you can do since it's somebody else's private property. Can't build gates. The most you probably can do is post signs asking nicely for people not to do it. I've found in life that if you make a sign prohibiting something then kids are going to find it as a "challenge" and do it just because the sign told them not to. Now if you make a sign asking them please don't do it because.... then people tend to heed the sign rather than against it

You should see the "Do not dump in this area" sign, even says something about the police, and how much you'll be fined. It has bullet holes in it, and TONS of trash next to it.

Rednecks are dumb.

fences and a gate?

Possibly...but It's really spread out, so the gate would have to be HUGE.

Take a ninja sword to the track knowbody talks back to a guy on a dirtbike with a ninja sword. It's really hard to say you don't want to start a war and potentially lose all access to your track so kicking his ass isn't going to work although it would be cool.

I actually almost just bought a ninja sword a couple weeks ago :smirk::smirk:

i feel your pain. i have the same problm at one of the local play areas near me. it is just an open riding/play area, maybe three of four acres, but fun for the kids and has a little track to keep us adults entertained. but every winter the 4x4's go out there and go mudding right down the longest straight on the track and then attempt to climb the jump at the end of it. unfortunately there's nothing we can do about it. we also have a huge problem with people that think its a trash dump, so everytime we go we clean up a bunch of trash. that pisses me off more than the 4x4's do.

Yeah, the long entrance to the actual park is 100% rutted out, you just have to ride in the ruts or take a detour.

Did I mention that our city built a rock climbing/mud bogging field JUST for these people? And yet they still come to OUR area? WHY?

Two wrongs don't make a right. That is messed up big time he is destroying your track, and a lot of idiots don't understand the effort people put into their tracks, and/or property/yards when it comes to people using the ditch in front of my moms house to mud and TEAR her yard to pieces :smirk:

But when it comes down to it, he was possibly trespassing, and vandalizing, and you guys started to come assault him and vandalize his property. Should have just came and explained your situation to him and asked him to leave nicely, that or blocked him in and called the cops and have him cited for trespassing, and get a restraining order so he can't come anywhere near there or risk arrest.

Going and throwing roost I doubt is going to do anything but make him want to specifically come back and tear your shit up.

If you really want them to stop, just record them when they do this, anytime you can catch them, and report them to the police. If they try to leave the property, block them in with your vehicle, but MAKE SURE you don't ram them, come to a complete and full stop, and if they decide to ram you, then they can be charged with vehicular assault.

Of course, this is assuming this is private property and the land owner doesn't want them there..? :smirk:

Sadly, the land owner gives permission to anyone. I'm still going to record it and give it to the owner, he'd probably be pretty upset.

A neat trick can be used for people you don't like. Get his license plate number and place an anonymous tip to the local police that daily you notice this Ford Bronco hanging out at the local elementary school but never seems to be picking up a kid and sometimes he is video taping the kids. Every cop in the area will be happy to pull him over

I don't understand, the owners seem to be your friends, they fix it up, they allow you to ride, have them call the cops, problem solved. If they don't want to get involved give them a dollar for a weeks lease every week and next time the Bronco shows up, whip out your lease in one hand and a cell phone in the other calling the cops.

Again, it is open to everyone, they just expect you to take care of it for obvious reasons. But the rednecks are bored as hell here and have nothing better to do. I personally think they WANT to get in trouble over it, just because it would be "exciting"...

... have them call the cops, problem solved. If they don't want to get involved give them a dollar for a weeks lease every week and next time the Bronco shows up, whip out your lease in one hand and a cell phone in the other calling the cops.

I think that's a good idea.

You should see the "Do not dump in this area" sign, even says something about the police, and how much you'll be fined. It has bullet holes in it, and TONS of trash next to it.

Rednecks are dumb.

Yup, they're pretty dumb. But I doubt many of them were dumping trash and shooting the signs while the police were actually there, right?

I think that's a good idea.

Yup, they're pretty dumb. But I doubt many of them were dumping trash and shooting the signs while the police were actually there, right?

Uh probably not... Haha.. But still, once they put up that sign, the trash piles doubled. (it's national park land too if you can believe that) So the city just started digging up the trash right there...

A neat trick can be used for people you don't like. Get his license plate number and place an anonymous tip to the local police that daily you notice this Ford Bronco hanging out at the local elementary school but never seems to be picking up a kid and sometimes he is video taping the kids. Every cop in the area will be happy to pull him over

yeah, if only there wasn't one school in the county the cops sit by everyday. Pretty much no fights, but can't tell on people like that...