Twin-Air bio

Hey, today I cleaned two twin-air filters that had the bio oil applied. I was using 100ml of the twin-air bio soap and three liters of hot water. The first one wasn't very dirty and came out almost spotless, except there was still alot of oil left in the filter. I kept cleaning it but couldn't get all the oil out. Finally had to use the Maxima filter oil cleaner to get the rest of the oil out. The second filter was used at a dusty track for a couple of hours and was quite a bit dirtier. Same result only this one didn't get as clean. Still had to use the Maxima. Is there a trick to using this stuff? The oil worked awesome, nice and sticky, but I'm not that impressed with the soap. The reason I went this way was that I was having difficulties cleaning the Maxima oil out of my filters. Also, the Maxima oil cleaner is real stinky and ends up pissing the old lady off every time I use it. No matter how careful I am, she says she can smell it all over the house...my bike lives in the basement. Please advise...

Jay.

yeah, step outside when you oil the filter up!!

I'd recommend going back to Maxima and using kerosene as your solvent. Kerosene has minimal odor compared to other typical filter oil solvents. Remember that the solvent only loosens the oil and dirt. You still need to perform a few warm dish soap water baths to remove the solvent/oil/dirt.

Just ordered the Bio kit on Monday. Should show up soon and I'll give it a shot to see how it does.

There was a TON of the bio-oil in the twin air filters when u buy them pre-oiled.. I usually use no-toil, and the no-toil cleaner wasn't getting the blue crap out, so I used some gasoline to get it completely clean (didnt take too much) then i converted it over to No-Toil, that shit works like a charm.

Regardless of what you might here, ive never had any break through using no-toil, and my valves and motor lasted 175hrs before my first shim on a kx450.. The filters come spotlessly clean with nearly no effort. Heck if ur doing a few at once u can even throw them in the washing machine with some of the no-toil cleaner..

I use the Twin-Air BIO cleaner to clean my TA filters. The way I found to do it and get all the oil out is when you put 100ml of the cleaner in the water and swish it around.......let the filter set in the water for about 20 minutes and the agitate it a few times and let set for another 10 minutes and agitate it again.

The Twin-Air filter oil "Will Stain the Filter" and the stain will not come out by just using the cleaner. However I have not tried to get the stain out of the filter will anything else.

The cleaner does get the oil all out. You just have to let it set for awhile and keep rinsing the filter off with cold water and then dunk it back in the hot water

and back under the cold ect..ect..

I also use No-toil and like it as far as cleaning rather than the twin-Air but I like the oil that Twin-Air has better than the No-Toil. I can completely clean three filters with No-Toil cleaner or Oxy clean by the time it takes me to clean 1 filter with Twin-Air oil on it with the Twin-Air cleaner.

IMO....even though it takes a little longer to clean the Twin-Air filters with the Twin-Air oil on them I would much rather use it because the oil is far more superior than No-Toil. It is just so much more tackier than No-Toil and I haven't had not even the smallest grain of sand get through the filter. As far as No-Toil goes .... I haven't had anything major get by the filter only but a few pieces of silt smaller than a grain of pepper and it wouldnt have hurt anything as far as the valves goes.

I still use No-Toil and like it but only use it on filters when I practice and use Twin-Air when I race.

Awesome...Thanks for the helpful replies. Yes, when I tried to clean the first filter, I did let it soak for quite some time, and kept agitating it along the way. By the time I was done, the hot water was cold, and the oil was still present. I realize that the filter would be stained and was a non issue for me. What I did expect was the filter to be free of oil... I will totally try some of the no toil cleaner on the twin air oil. Also, if using oxy clean, would you still use the 100ml per 3 liters of hot water or would you use more? Thanks again.

Jay.

Awesome...Thanks for the helpful replies. Yes, when I tried to clean the first filter, I did let it soak for quite some time, and kept agitating it along the way. By the time I was done, the hot water was cold, and the oil was still present. I realize that the filter would be stained and was a non issue for me. What I did expect was the filter to be free of oil... I will totally try some of the no toil cleaner on the twin air oil. Also, if using oxy clean, would you still use the 100ml per 3 liters of hot water or would you use more? Thanks again.

Jay.

Dont use the No-Toil cleaner on the Twin-Air oil!......It wont work..It just makes a mess and dont use Oxy-clean on the Twin-Air oil .....It will do the same thing.

You can use Oxy-clean on the No-Toil oil with out any issue cause the Oxy-clean is about the same as the No-Toil cleaner.

O.K. Thanks for the headsup! I think one of my problems was that I might have had too much oil on the filters to begin with. I'll try and squeeze more oil out this time when i re-oil the filters...

Jay.