Sign in to follow this  

Dunlop 606 Air Pressure

Hi Folks,

I run Dunlop 606 tires front and rear on my xrl. Never had a flat to date.

I am a big guy, 290 lbs. At this weight, what air pressure are folks running with the 606 tires and not having tube pinch problems?

I have been running around 25 to 28 lbs front and rear to be safe, but boy are those tires' traction spooky at that pressure......I'd like to run less air, but also don't want to have pinch flats.

Thanks in advance,

RiverRunner

Iv'e always ran 13-18 psi depending on where and what i ride on. In close to 40 years of trail riding,iv'e never had but one pinch flat.

8 to 13 ultraheavy duty tube, cant go to fast on all these rocks though lll'crak a rim.

You won't have any pinch flats with Neutech Tubliss. I've had pinch flats with HD tubes on the front blow at 60 mph and the tire came off the rim. Not fun. Also you can plug your tires if you do get a flat, about a 5 minute job.

I run 15-18 and have never had a pinch flat.

hey river runner are you asking for pressure for the street or the dirt ?

hey river runner are you asking for pressure for the street or the dirt ?

Primarily dirt. Thanks.

You won't have any pinch flats with Neutech Tubliss. I've had pinch flats with HD tubes on the front blow at 60 mph and the tire came off the rim. Not fun. Also you can plug your tires if you do get a flat, about a 5 minute job.

How hard were they to install?

18psi

For you and dirt that probably sounds about right, maybe 20.

try different pressures in that area.

I'm suprised there wasn't more input from big guys chiming in.

Might try in general dirtbike for more input.

I ran 24psi on the street and 16psi in the dirt.

Bout the same here. Getting the front D606 down below 20 psi in the dirt makes it not suck quite as bad.

I ran the 606 at 14 front and 12 rear on my DR650 in the dirt. 20 on the street more with a passenger

Have as tublis system coming and will try the 606 with much lower pressure on the WR 450 hopefully I will get good tire wear out of that combo.

Sometimes I need to run a fair bit on the street or fire roads that killed my favourite trails tire set up.

The tubliss guys promise trails tire like hook up with the ability to air up and run hard condition without loosing your Knobs.

I will find out soon .

I ran the 606 at 14 front and 12 rear on my DR650 in the dirt. 20 on the street more with a passenger

Have as tublis system coming and will try the 606 with much lower pressure on the WR 450 hopefully I will get good tire wear out of that combo.

Sometimes I need to run a fair bit on the street or fire roads that killed my favourite trails tire set up.

The tubliss guys promise trails tire like hook up with the ability to air up and run hard condition without loosing your Knobs.

I will find out soon .

I love my tubliss system, but you must remember to check the inner bladder for the 100 lbs it requires. I check my tires very time I do a serious ride, & the tubliss is not for road use. ( I did not know about dirt/offroad only) May be just a liability issue, I still dual-sport. I run a M-16 pirelli around 5lbs in dirt & I've heard I throw ton of meteors!