Bent throttle spring into carb

I bought a used 1998 Honda xr200r this weekend... its definitely seen better days.

Today I cleaned the air filter and the carburetor, but i made a mistake with the carb. I bent the throttle spring while i was taking the carb off the bike. Once i was put the carb back on the bike and put the bike together, i was in a rush to start the bike and i didn't check the throttle. Is stuck at almost full throttle and i can move the throttle back and forth but it doesnt change the engine RPMs....Can i simply bend the spring back or must I buy a replacement part?

What do you mean by “throttle spring”? The spring inside that returns the slide to the closed position? Or a spring that is around the throttle cable for protection? Either one, I’d make some replacements. I’ve never bent / kinked a slide return spring, but it’s a very important item, one that I wouldn’t trust to rebending. If you’re talking about a spring outside of the throttle cable, you’ve probably kinked the cable jacket itself. Again, something I would not trust.

the carb throttle valve spring

You did not bend it. The slide that goes into the cab has a slot that allows it to slide down and if you do not line it up the carb slide will stay up making the hold full throttle. Take it out and look at it. I have done the exact same thing.

Let us know what you find. Good luck.

You did not bend it. The slide that goes into the cab has a slot that allows it to slide down and if you do not line it up the carb slide will stay up making the hold full throttle. Take it out and look at it. I have done the exact same thing.

Let us know what you find. Good luck.

no, i did bent it..

can u post some snaps? will guide u better,,