Sign in to follow this  

The most durable MX gear

I wear through expensive ass MX gear ungodly fast. I have tried Fox 180 and 360, Answer and Thor. Every single one has had some defect after the first ride.

I will never buy Fox again due to the massive number of defects. Every piece is trash after 1 season. Jerseys coming apart at the seams, hole in the pants crotch, holes in the gloves.

So I went to Answer. The jersey neck is coming unstitched and the ratchet buckle broke. The gloves are really nice though and I continue to wear them.

So I went to Thor. The leg patch protective logo started coming off after 3 LAPS. The sleeve on the jersey is also toast, but that was from a fall later on.

I look like Frankenstein's monster out there wearing whatever gear I have left that's not tattered after 2.5 seasons.

So, money not being an issue, what is the most durable MX gear in your experience?

I have heard good things about MSR and Oneal before...then again, heard the same about Thor.

And at $170 for pants, that Klim gear better be able to stop a bullet :smirk: But if it lasts multiple seasons, then it would definitely be worth it.

my msr pants are good, and i wear a mesh street bike jacket, i like that better than a jersey AND some other protection.

Moose's XCR line or the Sahara for summer vented hold up REALLY well.

Hadn't even thought about Moose. Thanks :smirk:

Is the TT Store catalog a few years old? Only seeing the 09 revision for Moose gear.

i just got new set of oneil hardware at hang town for 99.00 some of the toughest looking gear ive seen .time will tell

i have an msr helmet jersey and pants and answer gloves that hold up extremely well. the helmet went through a harsh crash when i was landed on thrown off the back of the bike and landed on the helmet again. the helmet didnt crack or anything. I didnt have anything exept for two cuts on my chin from the strap when the helmet was kicked up really hard by the back wheel

fly, moose, thor, msr, klim. klim is the best most durable shit u can buy. i use it for sledn and have been using the pants for 5 years without issues and the jacket for 4 years. zero issues. great warrenty with snow gear. cons of klim-expensive and not alot of choices for the moto guys, mainly offroad. fox seems to fall apart the fastest imo

i have an msr helmet jersey and pants and answer gloves that hold up extremely well. the helmet went through a harsh crash when i was landed on thrown off the back of the bike and landed on the helmet again. the helmet didnt crack or anything. I didnt have anything exept for two cuts on my chin from the strap when the helmet was kicked up really hard by the back wheel

Time to get a new helmet.

MSR Pants have done fairly well.

I ride alot of new sharp (from branches) trail. Gave up on jerseys. Have a shirt with about ten rips in each arm. Had a shirt that lasted one day, ripped the left sleeve off out from under armor.

661 elbow gaurds have lasted forever do not slip. Mesh got ripped up but still functional.

Would like to try Moose and klim sometime.

Time to get a new helmet.

MSR Pants have done fairly well.

I ride alot of new sharp (from branches) trail. Gave up on jerseys. Have a shirt with about ten rips in each arm. Had a shirt that lasted one day, ripped the left sleeve off out from under armor.

661 elbow gaurds have lasted forever do not slip. Mesh got ripped up but still functional.

Would like to try Moose and klim sometime.

Ya I have a new msr one still love the fit and all

I've heard mixed results about KLIM, but have never heard a bad review from Moose or Oneal. I've worn both and it's held up much longer than comparable Fox, TLD, or Thor.

Sorry boys but you your are all wrong!!! TROY LEE DESIGNS SE series is by far the most durable gear out there! I have a set that is going on 4 years old now and is holding up great! Check it out TLD is a legit player in the gear market and it is the best I have used by far.....and I have used them all!!!!

The best gear I have run is Shift, either the low or high end stuff. They are a branch/ sub-company of Fox but their gear is 100 times better. My Answer and Thor gear in the past was good but had issues. My Shift gear from around 2005 is still holding up fine, the only issue it the white is finally not near as clean as it use to be. Actually I prefer my Shift Assault gear to the Shift Strike gear. Look around and pick up a set on closeout, I never buy gear for full price.

Are they all made in China? I know fox is and pretty sure my thor stuff is too...I would definitely spend the extra buck for stuff not made in China if anyone knows of it?